Run Turned Walk

This morning I woke up feeling less than motivated to run the 5K that was planned as the final event of the Healthy Living Summit. (Maybe it was some of those drinks from last night and a severe lack of sleep that had something to do with that?)

I was quite happy when the 5K ended up being much more of a walk than a run!

IMG_5569

IMG_5572

Bloggers on the loose!

The 5K was a great way to see Philadelphia. Walking around the city at 8 a.m. before the hustle and bustle of the day set in was a fantastic way to take in some of the famous sights.

IMG_5570

IMG_5575

IMG_5574

I took a picture of that for you guys because I LOVE you. Smile

IMG_5573

Allison was my walking buddy for the first half of the 5K. This girl’s energy and positive attitude is absolutely contagious. I kind of fell in love with her in 1.5 short miles.

The halfway point of our 5K was at the famous Rocky steps!

IMG_5577

I say the “famous Rocky steps,” but I’ve never seen the movie Rocky and didn’t even know they were anything special until today. Well, now I do! Open-mouthed smile

IMG_5579

During the second half of our 5K walk, my stomach started to eat itself. I find it weird that I can go for a run in the morning on an empty stomach and not be crazy hungry for a while afterward, but if I just walk, it’s like my stomach demands food.

Thankfully a breakfast buffet provided by Quaker greeted us upon our arrival back at the hotel and I loaded up!

IMG_5580

I ate everything in sight. Apparently I was packin’ it in for a day of traveling.

IMG_5582

Chocolate chips and oatmeal go together like peas and carrots. Smile

And a tired girl and a bed go together like… a tired girl and a bed. (<—See, I’m too tired to think up analogies.)

Goodnight, my friends. See ya in the morning!

Comments

Forrest Gump! :D Haha…did you do that on purpose? Looks like such a great experience! I want to go next year….hope its not awkward that I’m a teenager! But everyone is so inclusive, including you, I don’t think it’d be an issue!

I was the same way at breakfast this morning. I’m pretty sure I had oatmeal, yogurt, cereal and fruit. There were too many good options and I was way too hungry.

So great to finally meet and get to know you better this weekend Julie! It was a total blast.

aaaand I still need to google Rocky. Well that, or go ahead and watch the movie.

PS. LOVED our talk today on the 5k walk, too! If only we both had out pupsqueaks in tow… hope you’ve been reunionzed w/ Sadie by now! Oh, and of course your Ryan, too. My Ryan brought Happy w/ him when he came to the airport to pick me up, and she was literally about to claw her way through the car window.

Now you’ll have to watch Rocky! It was one of the first movies I watched with my now fiancee and I loved it so much I had to watch part 2 and part 6 right away (My guy still swears part 3 and 4 aren’t worth it). You will feel SO motivated to go after your goals! It’s a winner!

I’m definitely convinced that I need to go to HLS next year! Everyone looks super nice and welcoming. Oh and its a great chance to visit a new place.

p.s. I can’t run in the mornings. I’ve tried and it’s draining! My legs and brain don’t function before 8am :)

Oh good to know I ‘m not the only one who hasn’t seen Rocky…but I bet I am alone when I say I haven’t seen the Godfather either! Ha- whoops! I am exactly the same way with walking and running- I am rarely hungry immediately after a run but with walking, my stomach starts grumbling during!!

Awww reading all these recaps is making me so homesick:( I grew up in jersey, right outside of Philly so we’d go in all the time.

I cant believe you have never seen Rocky!!!!! Its a classic:) You’ll have to watch all 6 of them when you get a chance, Im sure your hubby would love it! Plus they make you want to workout!!
    As an artist its kinda like required to have a membership at the art museum so i have ran up those steps many many times over the years:):)

8. Dawn @ Blonde on a Mission says

chocolate chips in oatmeal is probably the best treat ever!! It’s like eating a big chocolate chip cookie.
    And thanks for the love! right back at ya! :D

9. tom says

who has never seen Rocky? i suggest a new theme for PB fingers…its gonna be called back to the classics . you should check out some old great movies like the godfather or citizen kane or even old books. no more hunger games how about the sun also rises, atlas shrugged etc.

10. krista says

Running stunts my appetite for quite awhile, but walking I’m starving through it! And same with having to pee too, weird.

I’m curious why your parents and your new rental have screens around the pools? I would understand this in the north but in the south I’m a bit confused?

11. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

Philly is one of those cities I cannot wait to visit, especially after hearing all the great restaurants and places everyone visited while there.

[By the way, you're not the only one that has never seen Rocky. Definitely a dude-flick.]

12. Marissa @ Meeses Pieces says

Wow..just read through all your posts and HLS looks like such an amazing time. I’ve been reading many blogs for a while and it seems like I read most of the girls blogs that went. But I’m new to the blog world myself. It would be so fun to go in the years to come and meet everyone. The blogging community really seems so nice!! Love your blog!! =)

So true about getting hungrier while walking as opposed to running. I think its because we are so much more focused when we run that we gloss over other things we may be feeling, like mad hunger!

Loved meeting you! You are super-sweet and were so funny during your talk! I loved sitting in on that session. Will definitely make it a point to connect for longer the next time I see you!