The Neverending Move Ends!

We’re officially all moved in!!!

IMG_5902-1

Now the unpacking and decorating can commence!

Honestly, I don’t even care that our house looks like two big storage units threw up in it. I’m so happy to have all of our stuff in one place. It feels like we’ve been moving for-ev-er and I’m so glad we’re done.

A couple of furniture pieces didn’t make the move and we’re giving some furniture to my sister, so we have quite a bit of furniture shopping ahead of us. Today we’re heading to IKEA to outfit my home office with the furniture I fell in love with last Friday. I LOVE IKEA, so I’m looking forward to today’s adventures.

Workout

Our workout for the day was a mini milestone.

Ryan and I tackled the first long run of our half marathon training plan for the Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon! (I suckered Ryan into running the race with me. He’s just going to be doing the long runs of my training plan though.)

We ran 6 miles together with Sadie.

IMG_5901-1

I love family fun runs! (<—Another old post from the PBF archives… from the first month I started blogging!)

I am planning to detail my half marathon training plan on the blog next week but I want to give it a little more thought before posting it on the blog. (I previously posted by Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon training plan on the blog before in case you’re interested.)

Our long run today was actually a great one. I feel like I’ve lost a lot of my running mojo lately, but the weather this morning was surprisingly cool which I think helped us bang out 6 miles without feeling like we were going to shrivel up and die.

After showering, it was breakfast time!

IMG_5903-1

I made us banana blueberry vanilla smoothies by combining the following (for one smoothie):

• 1 c. milk
  • 1.5 large frozen bananas
  • 1 c. blueberry yogurt
  • 1.5 scoops vanilla protein powder

IMG_5904-1

Deeelish.

Off to go blow dry my hair before heading to IKEA. This will be my first time blow drying it since I got my first salon haircut last Saturday (I let it air dry and pulled it back all week), so I’m hoping it looks okay!

Comments

Great job on your first long run for this race! How exciting! In the past did you enjoy the rock n roll half marathon? I’m running the VA beach one tomorrow, so I’m just wondering!

I look forward to seeing your decorations in your new house!!

2. Kaella says

Have fun!!! I LOVE IKEA!! We just bought two of their big wardrobes for our master bedroom so now Jarod can have his clothes in our bedrom (and not the guest bedroom, ha ha!) I’m pretty sure 50% of our furniture is from there! Happy Saturday :)

Yay for being all Moved in! We have to PACK our place up this weekend! So you will be un-packing while Im packing, I want to be in your shoes, lol!

Have a great day !

4. beth says

i’m starting on my long runs for a half-marathon too…it’s not until november but i haven’t run long since December. i did 8 this morning in the miserable humidity of tennessee! wish i was going shopping at ikea too! have fun planning and decorating!

Yay for long runs! My goal is to run a half marathon but there aren’t any coming up in Chicago – so I’ve signed up for a 10 mile run in November! Hope it’s not too cold… That smoothie looks so good too! I tried one of CCK’s smoothies (ok milkshake…) for breakfast – chocolate cake batter, SO good! Have fun at IKEA!

It takes some time to put everything on the right place, but you know how it works! IKEA is an addiction!!
    I discover now that we do birthday on the same day (but I`m more 1980…)
    Really like your blog!

7. Corinna says

Hi Julie! I found your blog a month or so ago & I love it. I decided to start back at the very beginning and now I’m all caught up, whew! Good luck with all your unpacking and furniture shopping. P.S. – I love Sadie and her captions.

Awesome job on your run! I’m training for my first race- only a 10k though. I don’t think I’d want to run a half haha…you’re awesome for doing that! I love ikea! I could get lost in that store for probably days. Hope your furniture shopping goes well :)

I’m looking forward to you posting your training plan. I’d love to get more into running, but am just lacking the motivation!

Your last comment made me smile, because this week was really the first time I started blow-drying my hair since the start of summer! Since I don’t have to work during the summer, I usually let it air dry & then put it in a bun or braid. Back to school means breaking that bad boy out again!

Have fun at Ikea! :-)

Great job on the 6 miler! I did an easy 10 mile run yesterday and I totally get a feeling of accomplishment even if its a shorter run! That’s probably why I’m training for a marathon or half marathon year round…it feels so good! :-)

Wow, you know you’re a PR student when the first thing you notice in a picture is the AP Stylebook. It’s at the top of the box of books in case you are wondering what in the world I’m talking about. lol

I just moved in from dads house to moms house so I know how much of a hassle packing can be. I packed everything in my room in ONE day and moved everything out in ONE day. I can only imagine packing up a whole houuuusee! Way to go you guys. That’s a serious workout too! My forearms were killing me from carrying boxes lol.

13. Heidi says

I looked back at your old blog post and those pancakes look delicious! I also noticed your pictures from then and now look significantly different. Did you upgrade your camera? I currently use a point and shoot variety and sometimes I have a tough time making the pictures look decent.

Enjoy IKEA!

14. Jessica says

I am so excited to start to hear about your training. We are going through so much of the same things right now. I just moved into my apartment, (boxes are everywhere and I just made a trip to IKEA!!) and I am currently training for a half. My long run tomorrow is 6mi! Woop!!

Oh, how I wish I could unload some of our furniture on you guys! We are in the midst of moving, too, and as our stuff was unloaded into our new place yesterday, we quickly realized that we severely underestimated how much stuff we have and it’s NOT GONNA FIT! Time to get creative…

Woot! It must feel awesome to be (semi) settled!

Also wanted to let you know that I did one of your total body weights workouts today (#2), and it was FABULOUS. I desperately needed to switch up my routine, and this did the trick. Thanks!

17. Tracy @ Tracy's Treats says

Hooray for long runs! They always go so much faster when you have a buddy with you :-).

I’m also running a Rock N’ Roll Half this November in San Antonio so I completed my long run this morning too!

18. Rosa - Fitness, Food, Fulfilled says

Congrats on the move! What a good feeling to finally be able to get settled.

I’m doing a half marathon in October and am so excited. It’s my first long race and a good segue into the RnR marathon in Vegas in December.

You’re a guest speaker at the Urban Runner’s Summit aren’t you? I’ll be attending and can’t wait to hear your talk!

Aww congratulations to you both! Or, the 3 of you! 😀 I bet this is such an exciting time. It’s easy to not remember how blessed we are with a home once it’s not really there fully available! :) Have a wonderful day~~

I did my second long run of half training this morning. 8 miles. How does everyone get such good pictures of their garmin? I couldn’t get one to come out.

Anyway, targeting OBX on 11/13 but it may get delayed for a local race in Dec. Did 8 SLOW miles this morning but was happy that I ran it all end to end.

Good job on the 6 and I am looking forward to seeing your training plan. Mine is a modified Galloway plan.

The Kidless Kronicles
    Wag More, Bark….

Have fun today! Are you travelling all the way to the one by Millenia? You are die hard then for that furniture, that’s a bit of a trek!

I was outside this morning and being about an hour south of you if I noticed the slighter coolness I know you did. Ocala always gets colder than Orlando…I’m looking forward to when it cools down because this humidity is unbearable!

22. Jennifer says

There is a Rock and Roll Half now in St. Pete in February…the inaugural one here locally! Just in case you want to go for two RR 1/2’s in a four month time span ;D. Maybe I will see you there? Have fun at IKEA…love that place!

Congrats on your first long run! I always feel like the first weeks of training are so hard to get through. I am training for the Marine Corps Marathon in October and am just about to start my super long miles of 16+. It’s always nice to have someone to run with and keep you company – it makes the time go by so much faster.

I love the look of IKEA furniture but I have never had good luck with it. I think I must be lacking putting-furniture-together skills because everything I have bought from there that I’ve had to put together has broken in less than a year. All my doors fall off the hinges (on wardrobes, etc.) and the drawers fall off the roller things (on dressers). My husband only allows me to buy furniture that is delivered in one piece because he’s tired of us having to replace everything. Hope you have better luck!

YAY for finally being done with the move! Ikea. Love and hate relationship there.

We bought our TV stand and our desk there. Many hours of assembly. I actually put one of the tv pieces in backwards. But it still worked and I wasn’t about the take it all apart to do it again.

I probably make it harder for myself because I refused to let my fiance help me. I had to do it all.

Aw I love how you call them family fun runs! When my sister and I first went away to college, we would come home and my dad, her, and I would always go out for runs together. It was a great way to catch up while doing something active.

26. Katie @ The Purposeful Woman says

You always look super cute :o) Way to ROCK 6 miles :o) I’m looking forward to fall when a midday run will be refreshing, not roasting!!! Love your blog Julie :)

My husband and I go to Ikea recreationally. Who cares if we don’t need anything? Who cares if we’re broke this week? Let’s go to Ikea anyway, eat supercheap ice cream and pretend we live in teeny-tiny apartments.

28. Alison says

Julie, do smoothies fill you up?? Whenever I make protein smoothies, they fill me up for an hour max before I get hungry again (I guess it’s the concept of drinking your calories instead of eating them)! I usually just drink whey smoothies after my work outs to fuel my muscles.

• Alison says

Yeah, I usually make my protein smoothies with vanilla whey protein powder, frozen strawberries and/or a frozen banana, water, ice cubs, spinach, and a splash of 1% milk. I’ve tried adding flaxseed but it makes my shakes gritty! And I don’t like adding other fats to my shakes.

Congrats for having all your stuff back and hope Ikea was fun. Sometimes that place is a time warp. Before you know it it’s 3 hours later and you’re still not finished buying stuff :)

30. Tara says

I am fairly new to reading your blog….it’s one of the best I’ve run across. I love it! I’m a runner too…I’ve done a marathon….but love the 10 mile or half marathon distance best. Love your enthusiasm for life!!

I just found your blog yesterday and am loving reading through it! I am also an avid peanut butter lover and love running (although my mileage stays around 3 miles).

I was just curious, how do you workout in the morning before eating? I feel like I’d be starving, or just lethargic? I’m addicted to morning coffee (still in college haha).

Also, love that I can see The Lost Symbol in your picture. One of my favorite books! Gotta love Robert Langdon!

• says

so glad you found me and i LOVE dan brown’s books. i wish he’d write another one! :)

as for your question, i don’t eat if i wake up to workout before 6 a.m. b/c i can’t eat w/in an hr of waking up or else i get REALLY crampy.

Moving is such a hassle, but usually worth it! Also in response to the comment above-I exercise in the morning before eating too…I feel like a lot of people think its strange but I cramp up otherwise! Is that your reasoning too?