Tonight I used the the very last food item from my Healthy Living Summit swag bag to make a delicious dinner!
Cheesy Baked Pasta
Serves two, or one very hungry person
(Note: If serving two, you will likely want a side for along with this dish, as the serving size is rather small for two people)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook + Bake Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole grain ditalini pasta, uncooked
- 1 can chicken, drained (4.5 ounces)
- 1 cup steamed broccoli
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons Italian breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until it’s al dente (slightly firm)
- Remove pasta from heat, drain and place back into pot
- Add chicken, broccoli and 3/4 cup of the cheese, stirring until cheese begins to melt
- Add marinara sauce and breadcrumbs and stir until everything is mixed together
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup of cheese and bake for 10 minutes until cheese is melted
This was a super-cheesy dinner winner in our house tonight! It kind of reminded me of baked ziti or mostacholi. So good!
In Need of a New Show
With Bachelor Pad over and Jersey Shore not interesting me like it used to (well, we always DVR it, but we’re not motivated to stay up and watch it like we used to be), I’m out of television shows that excite me. (Please refrain judgment on my show choices.)
I really like having one show to look forward to during the week and feel like I must be missing out on some quality show out there right now.
Why can’t Friends still be running? Wah.
Anyway, if you have any “must watch” shows that you’ve been enjoying lately, feel free to share! Since Ryan and I have no friends in our new hometown yet, we’re looking to make some new television friends until we get some kind of a social life here.
Gosh, I sound so pathetic.