Fitness Board Motivation

One of the ways I motivate myself to workout on days when I don’t know what I want to do at the gym is taking some time to browse my fitness board on Pinterest.

pinterest fitness

(You may click the above picture to check out my board if you’re interested.)

I seem to gravitate toward pinning circuit workouts (surprise, surprise), quick strength workouts or cardio workouts that change things up. Perfect for days when I’m feeling less than motivated!

Today Annette’s Outside Your Comfort Zone 50s Workout caught my eye. According to Annette, the workout mixes Crossfit with BodyPump (I miss you!!!) and boot camp-style workouts for one killer workout that takes you outside of your comfort zone.

Annette creates some of my favorite workouts because they kick my butt and fight boredom. A one-two punch!

The workout I did today was awesome. From pounding out 50 barbell squats to 50 mountain climbers, I felt like I was working hard and challenging my body in a good way. Thanks for the awesome workout, Annette!

I had high hopes to make spinach-packed scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning, but when I opened the bag of fresh spinach, the leaves were slimy and just plain gross. Bummer.

I ended up making scrambled eggs with shredded mozzarella cheese and an al fresco smoked andouille chicken sausage.

scrambled eggs chicken sausage

Though I missed the added pop of color and nutrition from the spinach, the eggs were still quite tasty.

eggs cheese sausageeggs sausage

I also had a hot mug of coconut crème coffee that hit the spot!

coconut creme coffee

I’m hoping to take Sadie on a quick hike with Ryan before spending the rest of the day setting up for the Taste of Ocala.

See ya in a bit!

Comments

1. Avery says

Hey Julie! First of all your blog is so awesome and very inspiring! But anyway I have a few quick questions. Before your morning workouts do you eat or drink anything for energy? If so what are some examples of what you do eat?
    Thanks! :)

2. Jodi @ I Run for Food and Wine says

I do this with my pinterest too. It helps out a lot with not having to think about what circuit to do, just look and pick one fast. ! I borrowed some from yours, thanks girl!

3. Nikki says

Did you see that BodyPump now has an at-home version called pump? I think it’s similar to P90x, but in BP form. They send you all the weights and clips and DVDs of the workouts. It’s a little pricey ($200 I think?) but I plan to buy it when we move to a sans-BP area in June.

Coconut creme coffee, I want! I am obsessed with anything coconut flavoured these days. I always pin so many workouts, then when it comes time to workout I forget about those. Oops. Better start writing them down. Have fun at the Taste of Ocala!

Slimy spinach is the worst! My husband and I both always buy the huge Costco size package of spinach and then I loose all motivation to eat it when we get it home! I usually end up with slimy spinach even tho I swear it won’t happen again.

My spinach used to always get green and slimy so fast! It’s so annoying! Now I take my spinach out of the bag when I get home and wrap it in a paper towel and then transfer it into a large ziplock bag…the paper towel absorbs most of the moisture and now my spinach lasts 10x longer! Try it out and let me know if it works for you :)

7. Jeanne Fladung says

Useful info. Lucky me I found your website by accident, and I am stunned why this accident didn’t occurred upfront! I bookmarked it.