Summer Outside, Fall Inside

Even though temperatures are supposed to surpass 90 degrees in Ocala today, I am riding the October high and reminding myself that Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner so I don’t feel too weird breaking out the fall décor when it feels like summer outside.

fall decorations 002

(I spy our Turkey Trot hats!)

Ryan and I have plans to decorate the house with all of our autumn flare this evening. The grass and leaves are bright green outside, but the inside of our house will look festively fall with oranges, yellows and reds.

fall decorations 003

I think it’s safe to say that fall is my favorite season. When I think of the fall, I think of carving pumpkins, corn mazes, Ryan’s birthday, two-ingredient pumpkin spice cookies, adorable trick-or-treaters, my mom’s homemade stuffing, boots, scarves and all things cozy! Can you tell I’m ready for cooler weather?

Workout + Breakfast

Today started out with an early morning workout like most Mondays seem to around here.

Ryan and I drove to the gym where I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical before completing a lower body workout. I have a feeling my hamstrings are going to be quite sore!

Once we arrived back at home, I fixed myself a super-fast breakfast thanks to leftovers from Sunday’s birthday brunch.

eggs sausage

My mother-in-law sent us back to Ocala with lots of food, including breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs.

I wasn’t sure how scrambled eggs would taste reheated, but they were totally fine and the texture wasn’t weird at all. My mother-in-law also made the scrambled eggs with half and half, bacon and cheese so perhaps that’s why they were so good? Extra rich!

scrambled eggs with half and half

I’m planning to spend the rest of the day studying for my personal training certification. I was previously locked out of NASM’s eLearning center, so they reset my test date when I informed them of the issue and now I don’t need to take the test until February. Considering I was away from home a lot in September and my studying was rather sporadic, I am grateful for the extended deadline, but still hope to take the test as soon as I can once I feel comfortable with the information.

Time to study!

Question of the Afternoon

• What are you most excited about this fall?

Comments

Summer is definitely my favorite season but fall is a close second. I’m always reminded how close it is to winter though which I could totally do without.

My house is decorated for fall year round –I accent with red, green, amd orange always.

Congrats on woking on you CPT. I am certified but I did it for myself. I plan to keep it up just because the field is constantly changing.

Fall is my favorite season (with Spring a close second!). I love sweaters, stews and chilis, and baked goods that incorporate pumpkin. It was actually chilly enough here in Maryland to pull out a light sweater this past weekend and I was in heaven!

What is there not to love about the fall? It is the kick off to my favorite three months out of the year. I especially enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s, Scarves and crunchy leaves under my feet!

..I’ve been reading for a while and just have to say, I love your blog! Thanks for all the awesome recipes :)

My fiance and my deal was that I could pull out the Halloween decorations (some fall ones already made their way out) once it was October or one person on our street had outdoor decorations or at least two houses in our neighborhood had lights up- clearly I need to be reined in! I roped him into decorating tonight and I am feeling the fall/Halloween spirit!
    Have you seen all the fall/pumpkin flavored foods in the stores right now?? I picked up some pumpkin spiced coffee, waffles, and cream cheese- unreal!
    I am most excited for our 2nd annual Halloween party! We go big for our parties and even bigger for our holiday parties. It may be a little overwhelming at first but people talk about them for months afterwards :)
    Happy fall!

same here!!! It’s been about an average of 95 degrees in socal! Yikes. I have to say that my body was pretty shocked yesterday when I came back home from Kansas–where it’s been cloudy and cool :P But still, I’m trying to get into the Fall groove since I love Fall anyway. Have a great day Julie!

I’m a Connecticut girl living in Southwest Florida for the past 16 years. I can totally relate and STILL miss Autumn. From October 1st through about March I check the weather everyday looking for a cold front to blow through. Then I go through the recipe books and try to cook a whole winter’s worth of comfort food in the 2 -3 days the cooler temps last! LOL. And my house is totally Autumnized as well. :)