Summer Outside, Fall Inside

Even though temperatures are supposed to surpass 90 degrees in Ocala today, I am riding the October high and reminding myself that Halloween and Thanksgiving are right around the corner so I don’t feel too weird breaking out the fall décor when it feels like summer outside.

fall decorations 002

(I spy our Turkey Trot hats!)

Ryan and I have plans to decorate the house with all of our autumn flare this evening. The grass and leaves are bright green outside, but the inside of our house will look festively fall with oranges, yellows and reds.

fall decorations 003

I think it’s safe to say that fall is my favorite season. When I think of the fall, I think of carving pumpkins, corn mazes, Ryan’s birthday, two-ingredient pumpkin spice cookies, adorable trick-or-treaters, my mom’s homemade stuffing, boots, scarves and all things cozy! Can you tell I’m ready for cooler weather?

Workout + Breakfast

Today started out with an early morning workout like most Mondays seem to around here.

Ryan and I drove to the gym where I spent 20 minutes on the elliptical before completing a lower body workout. I have a feeling my hamstrings are going to be quite sore!

Once we arrived back at home, I fixed myself a super-fast breakfast thanks to leftovers from Sunday’s birthday brunch.

eggs sausage

My mother-in-law sent us back to Ocala with lots of food, including breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs.

I wasn’t sure how scrambled eggs would taste reheated, but they were totally fine and the texture wasn’t weird at all. My mother-in-law also made the scrambled eggs with half and half, bacon and cheese so perhaps that’s why they were so good? Extra rich!

scrambled eggs with half and half

I’m planning to spend the rest of the day studying for my personal training certification. I was previously locked out of NASM’s eLearning center, so they reset my test date when I informed them of the issue and now I don’t need to take the test until February. Considering I was away from home a lot in September and my studying was rather sporadic, I am grateful for the extended deadline, but still hope to take the test as soon as I can once I feel comfortable with the information.

Time to study!

Question of the Afternoon

• What are you most excited about this fall?

Comments

We just busted out our Fall decor–and I must say, it makes it so much more festive! It too is pretty hot here still…but the chill mornings are nice!

YAY for leftovers. It makes for an easy meal indeed :)

I’m psyched about not being boiling hot all the time. I hate summer because I hate being hot. Also, I got a plaid pea coat last spring, but never got a chance to wear it! So ready to start bundling!

I am so jealous, I didn’t know that you were studying to be a trainer. That is something that I’ve really wanted to do for a few years now but can’t justify spending the money when I know that I won’t utilize it right now…..

What program are you using?

I love all things about fall but this year I am definitely most excited about getting married!! 2 weeks and counting. I have a feeling this will be the best fall ever!

Good luck with you’re studying—I didn’t know you were doing that! I know that extra study time can sometimes be a blessing and a curse, but I think more time is always better than less. How long is the studying/test-taking process??

My sons Birthday is Friday too! He’s turning 3.

I’d love to hear more about the process of getting your personal fitness certification…I’m thinking about doing it myself.

I couldn’t imagine the leaves still being green at this time of year! Up here we already have some trees that have lost all their leaves, and the oranges/reds/yellows have been out in full force for a while now. But at least you can still get all festive insides your home 😀 The colors and foods are definitely my favorite part of Fall.

People are so not in to it as much in Ireland; they’re in to Halloween but that’s it and it only lasts a couple of days! I on the other hand am fall made! Pumpkin oats, smoothies, pumpkin cookies, bread, pancakes…and anything else pumpkin I can think of! Love the cosy jumpers, crisp fall leaves and the dark nights! It’s dark by like half 7 here already!

9. Shannon says

Fellow fall lover here too :) Eggs stay great for a while, for example: scramble egg/sausage burritos frozen, quiche which is like a egg pie, you can throw whatever in there, bake and have for the week. The neat thing is you can make with lo-cal/hi-protein ingredients and supper yummy and can also be served for breakfast/lunch/dinner. You can also serve without the crust but then I guess it would be called a frittata or something of the sort. Google…..they are yummy:)

You will do great on your test!

Definitely doesn’t feel like Fall where I am–supposed to be over 100 degrees today and tomorrow! This season I’m looking forward to cooler temps (more opportunities to do outdoor activities in areas where it’s been hot all summer) and a weeklong vacation.

I’m so excited for all the changing leaves, the crispness in the day, baking!, thanksgiving next weekend (in Canada), Halloween, mine and my mom’s birthday (both today!). And um…I basically love everything about Fall;)

I was just telling my boyfriend last night how excited I was for people to start decorating there houses for Halloween!! Alas, it’s still triple digits where I live and doesn’t feel quite like fall. But I’m ready to wear some boots and scarves already! :)

I am most excited for….My birthday! It’s on wednesday =)

I’m also excited for Halloween, going to a corn maze with my cousins, and watching all the leaves turn!

14. Lindsey says

I love Fall!

I am so excited for the cooler weather (love big sweaters, scarves, leg warmers, etc.), my birthday, Halloween but most of all finding out the sex of our baby which is due in March!!

Fall is my favorite season by far!! It’s a super chilly Fall-ish day here in NC and you better believe I wore a comfy sweater and leggings out of sheer excitement :)
    We just moved to a new house this weekend and I’m trying to convince my husband that finding the Fall decorations box is a #1 priority!

I am looking forward to fall colors! In LA it is a little bit of a downer at times because there’s not quite the fall spirit that I had when I lived in the midwest, but I love the fall colors! I love the leaves and the wreaths and decorations! Just the colors make me happy! :)

17. mallory_knox says

South Florida resident here, so I’m also looking forward to the temperature drop! however, that won’t be til probably December, but it does drop into the 30s/40s sometimes! gotta love fall & winter fashion plus the holidays & my birthday 😉 being a native New Yorker, I really do miss the changing of the leaves but maybe i’ll decorate this year. oh yeah, cant forget about football! GO GIANTS!!

I’m excited about actually having little Trick-or-Treaters coming to my place! Last year, I worked all night on Halloween so I didn’t have that experience. I was the kid who used to volunteer to make little Halloween goodie bags for my mom when I was younger, and I can’t wait to do the same again! And it’s an excuse to eat candy in the process 😉

PS-I made those pumpkin spice cookies the other night and LOVE them. My puppy is a fan too!

Fall is one of the things I love MOST about the Northeast! I’ve lived in Florida my entire life and there were no real seasons, but I didn’t realize that until I moved to Boston. Lately it’s been sweatpants and changing leaves and hot chocolate galore up here and I couldn’t love it more!

I’m in So. Cal & the weather here is also screaming SUMMER. But, I don’t care! I’m in Fall spirit. Good thing pumpkin spiced lattes taste just as delicious on ice as they do hot and fall boots look just as cute with skirts as they do with leggings ;).

Love fall! This is my first year have a yard with lots of leaves to pick up! Should be fun 😉
    And I am studying to be a PT through NASM too, just got my books a few days ago. Excited and nervous all at the same time. Good luck with your studying!!

Pumpkin spice lattes are one my favourite things about fall :) Thanks for sharing the two-ingredient pumpkin spice cookies! I have been looking for recipe ideas to use the canned pumpkin I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Summer is definitely my favorite season but fall is a close second. I’m always reminded how close it is to winter though which I could totally do without.

My house is decorated for fall year round –I accent with red, green, amd orange always.

Congrats on woking on you CPT. I am certified but I did it for myself. I plan to keep it up just because the field is constantly changing.

Fall is my favorite season (with Spring a close second!). I love sweaters, stews and chilis, and baked goods that incorporate pumpkin. It was actually chilly enough here in Maryland to pull out a light sweater this past weekend and I was in heaven!

What is there not to love about the fall? It is the kick off to my favorite three months out of the year. I especially enjoy the Pumpkin Spice Latte’s, Scarves and crunchy leaves under my feet!

..I’ve been reading for a while and just have to say, I love your blog! Thanks for all the awesome recipes :)

My fiance and my deal was that I could pull out the Halloween decorations (some fall ones already made their way out) once it was October or one person on our street had outdoor decorations or at least two houses in our neighborhood had lights up- clearly I need to be reined in! I roped him into decorating tonight and I am feeling the fall/Halloween spirit!
    Have you seen all the fall/pumpkin flavored foods in the stores right now?? I picked up some pumpkin spiced coffee, waffles, and cream cheese- unreal!
    I am most excited for our 2nd annual Halloween party! We go big for our parties and even bigger for our holiday parties. It may be a little overwhelming at first but people talk about them for months afterwards :)
    Happy fall!

same here!!! It’s been about an average of 95 degrees in socal! Yikes. I have to say that my body was pretty shocked yesterday when I came back home from Kansas–where it’s been cloudy and cool 😛 But still, I’m trying to get into the Fall groove since I love Fall anyway. Have a great day Julie!

I’m a Connecticut girl living in Southwest Florida for the past 16 years. I can totally relate and STILL miss Autumn. From October 1st through about March I check the weather everyday looking for a cold front to blow through. Then I go through the recipe books and try to cook a whole winter’s worth of comfort food in the 2 -3 days the cooler temps last! LOL. And my house is totally Autumnized as well. :)