Field Day

Today is flying by! After spending the morning finishing a freelance piece, I hightailed it over to Marion Senior Services to deliver lunches to the seniors on my Meals on Wheels route before making it home in time for a quick lunch that I tried to subtly eat while on the phone for a conference call.

I wonder if they could hear me chewing as I polished off the end of a bag of chocolate-covered almonds?

Chocolate Covered Almonds

I tried to be discreet!

Lunch also included a MorningStar Farms spicy black bean burger sandwich with Dijon mustard and spring mix greens.

morningstar farms spicy black bean burger sandwich

Plus two carrots that I washed and cut into rough pieces to eat on the side.

November

I forgot to say Happy November to you guys this morning! I have a feeling November is going to absolutely fly by since the holiday season seems to kick into gear immediately following Halloween.

We’ll be celebrating our first round of Thanksgiving with Friendsgiving at our house this weekend, but first we have to make it through an obstacle course run!

Ryan and I are getting excited about the Hero Rush, our first 5K obstacle course/mud run that we’re doing with a group of Ryan’s coworkers on Saturday morning. Having never completed an obstacle course/mud run before, I’m not really sure what to expect. I envision a race that is part run and part intense adult version of Field Day.

Please tell me you guys had Field Day in elementary school? It was the best day of the year and featured tons of different outdoor relay races and games. All of the students wore t-shirts representing their class and while I never remember winning a thing, it was always a blast!

Question of the Afternoon

• What are you looking forward to in November?

Comments

1. Stacey says

All I have to say is if you don’t feel “right” about an obstacle, just skip it. I’ve done over 6 various mudruns. So much fun & a great physical challenge BUT I’ve also seen people sprain and break ankles. Seriously. Cannot express enough. I’ve crossed thru obstacles bc I’ve seen/heard those before me with had luck. ANYWAYS…sorry to be debbie downer but someone has to! (I’m also still saying “do it”, just be smart!) Mud runs are awesome at showing you how strong you are and challenging you!

Can’t believe we are already in November, next up is December, then Xmas and New Years! Oh my. Yay mud runs are super fun- love the obstacles. Your choc covered almonds look like grapes btw ;)

3. Erin Gates says

I did 5 mile mud run w/ obstacles this summer and it was a blast! The one I did was a fun run-no one got 1st-everyone that finished got a medal as they needed to release people in heats so the obstacles didn’t got too congested for safety reasons-it ended w/ an enormous slip n’ slide! It was so much fun-I hope that you and Ryan enjoy yours as much as I did!

Lunch looks delicious! I haven’t had a veggie burger in forever and kinda miss them, maybe that’s something to look forward to in November?

The thing that I’m most looking froward to this November is a trip to Venice I’ve planned for Thanksgiving day weekend. Venice in the off season? Yes please!

5. Cate says

For my elementary school field day, they gave a ribbon to every single person who participated in each event..like all the way up to 8th place! It was nice to get a ribbon, because we had all practiced our events in PE for weeks, but I remember it taking forever to give out all those ribbons! Hahaha

6. Megan says

It is so weird that you asked about having Field Day in elementary school…my boyfriend and I were JUST talking about this last night and I could not believe he never had Field Day! I loved them and an adult Field Day would rock! :)

7. Kristi says

Just did a Warrior Dash two weekends ago in Las Vegas with my husband and some friends which is very similar. You are going to have a BLAST!! We signed up for a Tough Mudder in April :) We are hooked!

8. Jessica says

I’m most looking forward to my wedding on November 16th!!! My 13 month engagement is nearing the end and I can’t wait! I’m marrying my best friend and we have done a lot of things ourselves so I can’t wait to see how everything comes together. I’ve gone back and re-read your wedding posts and been getting so excited about mine!