Big News for the Breams

Guess what?

My parents moved!

IMG_0467-001

I haven’t been able to say anything on the blog for a while because my parents wanted to tell those close to them about their big decision first, but now that the word is out, I can share their big news with you guys!

A couple of months ago, my parents moved from St. Petersburg to Jacksonville. For as long as I can remember, they’ve talked about moving to Jacksonville and retiring on the Atlantic Coast. After I was born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, my family moved to Jacksonville for my dad’s job in the late 1980s where we lived for several years (my sister was born in Jacksonville) before moving to Palatine, Illinois where we lived through 2003. My parents have talked about moving back to Jacksonville for years and years, so I’m very excited for them and this new journey!

Right now my dad is going back and forth between his company’s St. Pete office and their Jacksonville location which he will continue to do through the end of the year when he will officially retire. Big news! I am thrilled for him.

Selling our family’s home in St. Pete ended up being an unexpectedly quick process. My mom and dad figured that it would take months to sell our St. Pete home, but it sold within two weeks! The moving process happened FAST. It was sad to say goodbye to our house in St. Pete since we’ve had some amazing memories as a family in that home.

My parents are now living in a condo where they plan to be forever. It’s definitely a big change from a house, but condo living seems to suit them well so far. They’re still getting settled, but I’m happy to be here this weekend with my sister to enjoy their new home!

IMG_0468-001

Breakfast this morning began with a bowl of multigrain Cheerios that I topped with a cup of Oikos honey Greek yogurt.

IMG_0462-001

IMG_0461-001

An apple and a mug of hot chocolate rounded out my morning meal.

As we ate breakfast, my sister and I flipped through an American Girl catalog that was sent to the previous owners of my parents’ condo.

American Girl

Oh happy day!

Did you know there is an American Girl doll named Julie now!?

American Girl Julie

My 10-year-old self freaked out a little when I spotted her! (Apparently Julie has been around for years now, but I live on a rock, so she’s new to me.)

(If you were an American Girl doll lover back in the day, you might get a kick out of this article: What Your American Girl Doll Says About the Rest of Your Life. Hilarious!)

My sister and I had fun looking at all the new accessories they’re selling for with the dolls now, including pets (I would’ve been all over that as a child!), snow shoes, head gear (gotta keep those two front teeth straight!) and bubble bath. Fancy!

Time to head out with Miss Sadie for a morning run!

Comments

Congrats to your parents- what an exciting time…and especially for your Dad getting ready to retire :D That’s awesome! & their condo looks absolutely beautiful- great view!

Wha?? Julie the AG Doll?! I wish there was a Claire-doll *sigh*
    I think they should just take it to the next level, and create just about every breed of dog (Sadie Vizla, Duck Toller India)…I can see it now ;-)

I laughed out loud at keeping those two front teeth straight…!!!!

I had Felicity. I remember once when her leg fell off (not trying to be morbid, but it did!). I sent her in to the American Girl Doll Hospital. They sent her back a couple weeks later in a hospital gown, holding a Get Well Soon balloon. It was so awesome :-)

Julie, which doll did you have?

4. Holli Bruce says

For some reason, I am so excited for you that the Julie doll has blonde hair!! I mean, it is cool to have an American Girl Doll with the same name, but matching hair color too! You are one lucky girl… and I really mean that, despite the fact that I am 31. :-)

Also congrats to your parents on their new place- beautiful view.

5. jen says

that article is way off! i always wanted molly, and thought she was so cool bc she came with a snazzy tap costume and tap shoes. and i cant wait to get her hair fixed someday (never hot VO5 your american dolls hair) and pass her along to my future daughter!

Well I have to say your parents made a wonderful choice to move to Jacksonville! But I say this because I’m biased since I live in Jacksonville. Born and Raised. You don’t find many of us here. Ha! The beaches here are my home away from home. The half-marathon that I’m in runs along the intercoastal, up 3rd Street and then on the beach. Such amazing scenery for a race (26.2 with Donna). All the racers out there supporting Breast Cancer, all the pink and the beach…’Nuff said. You should do this race! It is February 17th :)

7. Leigh says

Congrats to your parents! I guess the tough part for you guys is that you were able to spend holidays with both sets of parents since they lived in the same area. That will be a transistion!

8. Katherine says

Thanks for sharing the American Girl doll article! I literally laughed out loud at work! (whoops!) I had Samantha, Felicity, and Addy. The description of why you might have each is pretty accurate.

By the way, you and your blog are just awesome!

Awww ohmygosh I always wanted an American Girl doll! One of my friends had a crazy collection of dolls and pretty much every single accessory available. She had a little village set up in her parent’s living room hahah.

Ahh looking at that link is SO funny. I remember Samantha Parkington was one of the ones my friend had. My fav. was always Kirsten Larson, and yes, I did read all the Little House on the Prairie Books!