Sleepy

I slept pretty horribly last night. I have a lot on my mind right now and woke up frequently throughout the night, unable to roll over and quickly drift back to sleep.

Sleepy Sadie 295

When the alarm went off this morning, I was awfully tempted to skip the gym but somehow talked myself into a workout and I’m so glad I did.

My morning five mile run got my day started on a positive note. Beginning the day with a workout does so much for me mentally. It sets the ball rolling and I am generally ten times more productive.

Here’s to a productive day!

Breakfast this morning began with a cup of vanilla Greek yogurt that I paired with a plate of scrambled eggs, ham, zucchini and mushrooms.

scrambled eggs with ham and veggies 006

scrambled eggs with ham and veggies 005

It did the trick!

Of Possible Interest

Comments

1. Kelsey Y. says

Sleep went horribly for me last night; only about 2.5 hours! And I have classes all day… but I’m hoping a nap around lunch time will kick me into gear! A walk or run would feel so great right now… But finals are hurting me hard!

That is one sleepy looking pup in those sheets! Looks just like my dog every morning. Does Sadie always sleep with you or just sometimes? Glad you had a good run to set your day on track – that’s the best feeling, especially when you almost gave up on it first.

You may have said this before previously, but I am new to your blog and was wondering, do you take your photos with your phone and then blog right from your phone? Or is it a combination of phone, regular camera, and computer? Just curious! Your breakfast looks delish!:)

Sorry you didn’t sleep well last night! I totally agree about having a more productive day when I work out first thing in the morning! That instagram video is hilarious, we watched in one of my classes this week and everyone was laughing.

Hope everything’s ok! When my pup looks at me with those sleepy eyes, I find it so hard to get out of bed! I’d much rather stay and cuddle with him!
    My coworker showed me that video last week and I laughed so hard- so true!

Doesn’t look like Sadie slept well either. I’ve spent the last several days cleaning, so I have slept well. Hopefully your mind quiets down soon. I hate when I’m exhausted, physically, but my mind won’t go to sleep.

I did not get the best sleep last night either, and I managed to get myself out of bed to workout too ;) always feels great when done. that my workout is done and I got the whole day to do other things!

Hope everything is ok <3
    I'm in the same boat…G decided (for the past two nights) that it's so much fun to hang out rather than sleep through the night. Good times had by all ;) Thank goodness for coffee, right?!

9. GretchenP says

umm.. thank you for totally making my day with the instagram video.. i laughed my ass off and totally needed it this morning.. and dammit! … i just posted a picture of my nails! lol ;)

Isn’t waking up to a sleepy Vizsla one of the best feelings in the world? I love how my Vizsla puppy’s face goes into instant “grandpa mode” when she’s tired. Sadie is so stinkin’ cute :)

Also, your breakfasts always trump mine by 13872891%. I need to start putting in more effort! Do you take the time to plan breakfast the night before?

When I worked nights I always started my day off with a gym session and I felt really good! (my start to the day was about 2pm!) Everyone else was in the gym either getting off work or a mid day workout and I was doing my morning workout! haha

Good for you for getting the workout in! I woke up at 2am this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep, my body has just been in a funk lately so I decided to take the day off from working out even though it usually makes me feel much better, I think my body needs it today.

Hate when that happens! I had a migraine Saturday-Tuesday. It caused me not to sleep more than two hours each night. Horrible. Made me less that fun to be around. Thankfully, the migraine left and I have been able to sleep the past two nights. Much happier camper now!

Just found your blog via Pinterest (gotta love pinterest!) and am enjoying all your workout & recipe info! I look forward to trying some of both soon. I also have a quick question for you….do you eat breakfast before you go to the gym? If so, how long do you wait before you begin your workout after eating?

I haven’t been sleeping well either lately! I think it’s the time of year too. There is just so much going on that it’s hard to turn off at night. Here’s to a good nights rest tonight, for the both of us! ;)

Ugh, I hate sleepless nights! I never sleep well the night before a morning race. I went to bed early with a sore throat on the night before the Cleveland Turkey Trot and probably got about 3 hours of sleep. Fortunately, the race was my best yet. I had a lot of fun writing that race recap!

Hope everything is okay with you :) My day started off fantastic, as I woke up to a beautiful text from my boyfriend. OH the awesome breakfast and workout that followed was also the cherry on top!