Five Miles Before Six

Ryan and I headed to the gym nice and early this morning. To stay on track with my half marathon training plan, I needed to run five miles today and managed to complete my run on the treadmill before 6 a.m.

Five miles before six!

During the last two miles of my run, some pretty stellar songs popped up on my iPod thanks to a new workout playlist.

Some favorites:

I took some time to create a new running playlist last Friday and the new music did a good job of motivating me throughout my run. I still need to add a few more songs so the playlist is long enough for next Saturday’s half marathon, so if you have any song recommendations, I’d love to hear them!

yurbuds ipod

Past workout playlists:

Breakfast this morning came together in no time at all thanks to some prep work last night.

Overnight Oats with Banana

Overnight oats topped with banana slices!

banana overnight oats

After snapping this photo, I ended up adding more almond milk to the oats because they were a little too sticky and needed some more liquid. (We’re all out of chia seeds at the moment, so I didn’t use as much almond milk when I made the oats last night since the chia seeds usually help to thicken the oats a bit.)

oats overnight

Melting Pot Giveaway Winner

Congratulations to…

• Maggie: “CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE!”

Please email me at pbfingers@gmail.com with your mailing address and we’ll get your $100 gift card to you right away!

Of Possible Interest

Question of the Morning

• What song is pumping you up lately?

Comments

1. Michelle says

My favorite playlists are from Rock My Run – they are more like dance mixes so you get about 1/2 of a song before it’s mixed into a different song. I love it for my short attention span, I like a song for about a minute and a half and then I’m bored and want to move on. The best part is the playlists are 30, 60 & 90 mins in length and they are cheap (compared to purchasing each song via Itunes) – I believe the 30 min playlists are 1 credit (each credit is $1.00). 60 = 2 credits and 90 = 3 credits. They have a wide variety of genres to choose from, I really enjoy it.

Love reading your blog! I feel like I connect with you on many levels! Plus I just recently started blogging more! please feel free to check out my blog and give any negative or positive feedback!!!

These are a few songs I have recently added on my playlist!

Scream & Shout- will I am (feat. Britney Spears)
    Va Va Voom – Nicki Minaj
    Flower-Moby
    Thrift Shop (feat. Wanz)
    Oath (feat. Becky G)-Cher Lloyd
    Ready or Not- Bridgit Mendler

I love running the morning! It’s so cool to see the sun come up and the world come alive. I usually only do 3 or 4 miles run though because I’m not willing to get up early enough to cover any more miles. Kudos to you–impressive!

4. Bonnie Lawrence says

i am loving running to Peter Furler -I’m Alive
    and Brandon Heath – Might just save your life
    and Rhett Walker – Make me new
    ENJOY 🙂

5. peaches says

Wasn’t impressed with the selection provided so I decided to give you mine.
    You won’t be disappointed

Die Antwoord – Fatty Boom Boom
    Die Antwoord – Babys On Fire
    Die Antwoord – I Fink You Freeky
    Die Antwoord – Fok Julles Naaiers
    ^watch the music videos
    Chase & status – Time (rocker pimp remix)
    Diplo – Express Yourself
    Kanye – Clique
    Kanye – Monster
    Azealia Banks – 212
    Azealia Banks – No Problems
    Diplo – Set it off
    Crystal Castles – Empathy
    Ratatat – Gettysburg
    Ratatat – Kennedy

You’re welcome

6. Valerie says

Here are a few running / workout songs that motivate me to keep moving:

Dancing With Myself by Billy Idol (Best running song EVAH!)
    Face Down by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
    The Fighter by Gym Class Heroes
    Higher by Creed
    Move Along by The All-American Rejects
    Not Afraid by Eminem
    Try by Pink
    Boom by P.O.D.

7. Renee says

Down the Road by C2C– recently heard the song on an OPI nail polish commercial but it is so catchy! Thanks for motivating me to update my workout playlist! Going to be a good run today!