Ryan and I headed to the gym nice and early this morning. To stay on track with my half marathon training plan, I needed to run five miles today and managed to complete my run on the treadmill before 6 a.m.
Five miles before six!
During the last two miles of my run, some pretty stellar songs popped up on my iPod thanks to a new workout playlist.
- Rudimental ft. John Newman – Feel the Love
- Emeli Sandé – Next to Me
- Tom Hangs ft. Shermanology (Avicii Edit) – Blessed
I took some time to create a new running playlist last Friday and the new music did a good job of motivating me throughout my run. I still need to add a few more songs so the playlist is long enough for next Saturday’s half marathon, so if you have any song recommendations, I’d love to hear them!
Past workout playlists:
- Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
- Savannah Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathon Playlist
- Triathlon Playlist
- Rockin’ Playlist
- Disney Playlist
- ’90s Playlist
- Run, Run, Run Playlist
- Spring 2012 Playlist
- Summer 2011 Playlist
- Spring 2011 Playlist
- Workout Playlist Trifecta
Breakfast this morning came together in no time at all thanks to some prep work last night.
Overnight oats topped with banana slices!
After snapping this photo, I ended up adding more almond milk to the oats because they were a little too sticky and needed some more liquid. (We’re all out of chia seeds at the moment, so I didn’t use as much almond milk when I made the oats last night since the chia seeds usually help to thicken the oats a bit.)
Melting Pot Giveaway Winner
- Maggie: “CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE!”
Please email me at email@example.com with your mailing address and we’ll get your $100 gift card to you right away!
Of Possible Interest
- 5 Workouts That Use Stuff You Have at Home (FitSugar.com)
- Healthier Whole Wheat Pancakes (FitBottomedEats.com)
- Top 10 Favorite Books of 2012 (BitingLife.com)
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars (JustaOneGirlRevolution.com)
Question of the Morning
- What song is pumping you up lately?