Squat Jump Leg Workout

This morning, after a 20 minute warm up on the elliptical, I did five million squat jumps. Okay, that is a blatant lie, but I did do a bunch!

Check out today’s leg workout:

Squat Jump Leg Workout

(What’s with the chick? PicMonkey has new Easter-themed graphics and you know I couldn’t resist. Just pretend it’s doing a squat jump.)

At the end of this workout, I realized I did a total of 180 squat jumps, so I did another 20 because I wanted to hit 200. Yes!

When we arrived home from the gym, I snacked on two small bowls of Multi Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios while I quickly finished up an assignment that I needed to submit this morning.

Peanut Butter Cheerios

I then blended up a peanut butter cup smoothie (made with a handful 100 percent undetectable fresh spinach)!

Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie

Speaking of smoothies, last week I took some time to update the Smoothie recipe page, as well as the Crock Pot and Breakfast recipe pages. Hoping to tackle the others soon!

I followed my cold smoothie with a hot mug of coffee…

Lighthouse Cafe Mug

And now I’m singing “You’re hot then you’re cold. You’re yes then you’re no. You’re in then you’re out. You’re up then you’re down.” Hey thanks, Katy Perry.

Question of the Afternoon

• What was the last song you couldn’t get out of your head?

After a friend emailed me a link to this History of Rap video with Justin Timberlake this morning, I’ve had the song “It Takes Two” by Rob Base and DJ E-Z Rock stuck in my head.

“It takes two to make a thing go riiiiiight! It takes two to make it outta sight!”

I always picture Ryan Reynolds singing that song in The Proposal whenever I hear it. So catchy!

Comments

Mmm the PB Cup Smoothie looks so good. We’ve been having strawberry banana smoothies with spinach lately but I think we’ll need to mix it up with this recipe soon! The song stuck in my head right now is that build me up buttercup song because I clicked on the PB Cup Smoothie recipe link lol.

I almost made that smoothie for breakfast this morning but had Cheerios instead! Looks like I need to make it tomorrow now!
    Everytime I hear that song all I can think of is Ryan Reynolds and can’t help but to sing it exactly like he does in the movie. One of my favorites!

3. Claire says

I’m from Ireland, and if you come to visit you should spend at least a day in Galway! It’s a really nice city! It’s also not far from the Cliffs of Moher which you should also go see! The giants causeway is worth a visit too. Whilst in Dublin you should visit the Guinness storehouse, you get to pour your own perfect pint, and they give you a certificate!
    I’d recommend renting a car :)

Great Post. Your Article was great to read. its fun and refreshing. I am also thinking of cutting back some calorie. I am a new Blogger. As i am spending my time in net searching ways to cut back calorie may be I will post on healthy living on my blog “Lifestyle Diaries” based on my experience.

5. Haley says

That is one of my favorite parts of The Proposal! And of course the Betty White and Sandra Bullock doing the tribal dance hahahaha!

Squat leg jumps seem to be very physical. I could understand why someone would be very tired and sore the next day. But on the other hand it seems like fun. Thanks for the idea…

7. AJ says

I love the fact that you threw in an extra 20 squat jumps because you wanted to hit 200…thats AWESOME! I wish I had your energy!

-AJ