Saving Travel Time

Good morning from Jacksonville Beach!

jax beach

Late yesterday afternoon, I did my best to assemble everything I think I may need during our upcoming vacation.

sonia kashuk bag

Packing is one of my least favorite activities, but it thankfully went by fairly quickly. I didn’t have to worry about cramming everything I want to bring into a carryon suitcase like I did for my last trip to Europe, so the extra room made it easier to pack. (Just in case you’re interested, here’s a former blog post I did about What to Pack for a Trip to Europe when you do have to fit everything in a carryon.)

Since I was all packed, last night, after a Junior League meeting, I decided to make the drive to my parents’ place. My parents will be watching Sadie while we’re away and I figured I could drop her off and spend an extra day in Jacksonville to help break up tomorrow’s travel time.  I left Ocala a little after 8 p.m. and arrived in Jacksonville right around 10:30 p.m. My mom is in Raleigh at my aunt’s house at the moment, so my dad and I enjoyed some father/daughter time until we couldn’t keep our eyes open any longer.

I woke up at 5:55 a.m. thanks to a pup that had to pee and worked on setting up a few guest posts and giveaways for you guys while I am away next week. (I hope to pop in and blog from time-to-time as well, but soaking up Ireland and London will naturally take precedence. Woop!)

Ryan actually left for England on his work trip on Sunday night and I can’t wait to join him! I will be leaving late tomorrow and arriving super-early on Friday. Let’s hope I quickly adjust to the time change since Ryan has a decent head start on me!

Breakfast this morning came together fast because I wanted to have time to eat it while I worked on this blog post because I am hoping to make it to an 8:30 a.m. BodyPump class this morning!

IMG_0003-001

I toasted two pieces of Ezekiel bread and topped one with peanut butter and the other with a smear of butter and a bit of strawberry jelly.

ezekiel toast with jelly

Plus fresh strawberries, dried fruit and almonds on the side.

Time to change for BodyPump! Best class everrr!

Comments

UGH, so jealous right now! Man, I wish I were looking forward to taking off to Ireland and London – and not just the mall for work :P and I HATE packing, which may have something to do with the fact that I leave it to the last minute and feel rushed, because I hate it…

2. Kari Broer says

Ireland is AMAZING be prepared for lots of hearty meals! It’s so beautiful, my husband proposed to me there on top of the Blarney Castle! Have fun :-D

If I could be in Jacksonville right now that would be great. Instead I’m heading to Atlanta to visit the Dekalb Spice Market. It’s supposed to be hugeee, full of organic produce, millions of spices, and an organic restaurant…I’m kinda excited.
    That breakfast looks like a satisfier. Yum.

Ahhh I love the way buttery toast topped with jelly tastes! Totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. That is so nice that you’re getting to spend some time with your family before you leave for your trip! I feel like that weird blog reader that “thinks we’re friends,” but I’m so excited for you and can’t wait to read all about your adventures when you get back! lol

Sooooo excited for you! And jealous :) Also, random.. but I’d love to hear more about Junior League! I’ve been encouraged to join one recently so I was looking into it. What type of JL is it? Do you enjoy it/feel you’ve benefited from it?

6. Jamie says

Super cute bag! I’ve been looking for a gym bag, actually, and that seems perfect from the picture. Where did you get it?
    Thanks!

7. Haley S says

Have you ever been to Sweet Theory Bakery in Jacksonville? I went there a couple weeks ago for the first time and it is SO SO good. I am planning on moving to Jacksonville one day just so I can eat their delicious treats everyday (: They are all organic too!!

8. Ann says

Here’s my biggest tip for Ireland – if you go to kiss the Blarney Stone, just give it an air kiss! I caught the worst cold of my life from locking lips with it, brought the cold home to the states, and my dad caught the cold! He claims he still hasn’t recovered from it : )

I don’t know how you do it all!! After the Junior League meeting last night I stopped at Target and thought that was a long night! You are one busy girl! Have the most amazing time on your trip! :) Safe travels and thank you for sharing all of your experiences with us!