Almost Playtime

It’s Friday which means it’s almost playtime!

vizsla with ball

I am really looking forward to this weekend. My father-in-law is coming in town tomorrow so we can celebrate Father’s Day with him on Sunday!

This morning, after I woke up around 6:30 a.m., I opened the refrigerator and nothing really called to me for breakfast. I was hungry, but nothing sounded all that appealing, so I took out my blender and made myself a cold and creamy smoothie.

smoothie

Smoothies are always a hit with me!

The nasty color can be attributed to the cocoa powder and fresh spinach that I included in the mix.

• 1 frozen banana
  • Frozen strawberries
  • 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • Almond milk
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter
  • Fresh spinach

Best Body Boot Camp Sign Up

Quite a few of you asked me to keep you posted about Tina’s Best Body Boot Camp sign ups, so  I just wanted to let you know that the next round of Best Body Boot Camp begins on Monday! There’s still time to sign up today!

Question of the Morning

• What is one thing you are looking forward to doing this weekend?

I’m looking forward to a nice dinner with Ryan and my father-in-law. We are planning on taking Ryan’s dad to the Artisanal Dish, one of our favorite hidden gems in Ocala!

Comments

Sounds like a great Father’s Day you have planned! :) I’m hoping to relax this weekend and catch up on sleep. I haven’t been sleeping that well this week. I’m also going out to eat with my dad on Sunday.

This weekend is actually action packed for me. A group of my friends and I are climbing Mt. Monadnock tonight in the middle of the night to watch the sunrise on top of the mountain and then on Sunday it’s my best friends 30th birthday so we are all surprising him by going sky diving.

I definitely am a fan of the ugly smoothies :) They just always taste the best!
    The spinach and berries together just always make the worst color.
    Looks like it will be a fun weekend for you! I’m spending some time with my Step Dad and Dad too, so I’m pretty excited to celebrate their special day with them.

4. Stephanie says

Just discovered your blog a few days ago and I LOVE it! So it seemed appropriate to also comment :)

I’m looking forward to more than one thing this weekend, since today is my husband’s and my five year wedding anniversary! We’re going to Melting Pot tonight, then a three mile run in the morning before doing house and yard chores. We’ll relax the rest of the weekend since both of our dads will be out of town and we already celebrated Father’s Day with them last weekend. Gotta love a quiet weekend at home!

Every Friday in the Summer in Richmond, there is an outside music festival that goes on down by the river. I’m going to that tonight for the first time this year. I’m not a huge concert/music festival person, but my good friend from college is and it will be a good time hanging out with her.

Enjoy your weekend with your father-in-law!

Oh my gosh, Sadie is precious!! And I’m definitely signing up for the Boot Camp! That sounds awesome :) I love setting fitness goals to work towards, it makes you feel that much more accomplished by the end.
    I’m really looking forward to spending time with my dad! It’ll be fun to get everyone together and celebrate :)

7. Brittany says

I had a smoothie for breakfast too! With the EXACT same ingredients! Weird..Have a great weekend and enjoy Father’s Day!

8. Cathryn says

A group of our family friends are throwing my fiance’ and I a barbecue wedding shower on Saturday night and we’re going to tube down the river in Columbia during the day. This work day cannot go by fast enough! Happy Friday everyone! :)

I’m looking forward to getting some much needed sleep! This week has been crazy busy, so a couple days of rest will do me good! Also excited for a fish fry with some of our favorite couple-friends :) yummmm

10. Caitlin says

Looking forward to my birthday tomorrow, hopefully PR’ing in a local race, eating lots of junk, getting a manicure, and spending time with my dad and husband’s dad on Sunday.

11. Mrs. Z says

I am looking forward to 1 of my “man children”, graduating from COLLEGE (his twin graduates from college too, in a couple of months)!

I am also looking forward to having an extra day off to recover from the gathering and spending that day with my 3, 4 legs! :)

12. Bailey says

I’m looking forward to having pretty much no plans, haha! I love a good, relaxing weekend! I have a quick question for you, now that you aren’t working out at 5 a.m. much anymore since you have work, when is Ryan working out? Still at five or another time?

Sounds like the perfect smoothie! I’m buying a new blender… anyone have any suggestions?
    This weekend, I’m looking forward to celebrating Father’s Day at my dad’s favorite restaurant!

15. PluvK says

One of my closest friends is home for the weekend, so I plan to spend some time with her. Then it’s a big Father’s Day BBQ at the beach with my parents and in-laws and a bunch of friends!

I am doing a 10k tomorrow! I am pretty stoked for it. Sunday my dad and I are going to the local car show and hopefully going out to dinner! Sounds like you have a good weekend planned out!

17. AJ says

I’m looking forward to some girly time with my high school friends! One of them is pregnant with her first child (the first of our group!) so we’re having a little mini-shower! Then Father’s Day with dad on Sunday!

-AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

18. Erin says

Hi there,

I was trying to find out what book you recently read because I would like to also read it, but can’t seem to find it??? Could you let me know the name of it?

THANKS!!!!

19. Samantha says

Today will be spent in the kitchen. I’m making my dad homemade Swedish meatballs with mushroom gravy and homemade mashed potatoes (one of his favorite dinners ever). Aside from that, I have a lot of new books to read! I’m more so looking forward to next weekend where I’ll have three days off in a row!!!!

20. Kayla says

Spending some time w/ my golden retriever. I always miss him during the week when working. I leave around 7am and dont get home till 7pm right now, so I’m ready to snuggle saturday morning!