High Energy Workout Playlist

Good morning!

I am slowly recovering after this weekend’s whirlwind Las Vegas bachelorette party. My voice still sounds like death, but my energy level is returning to normal. After two back-to-back nights of good sleep, I’m feeling like myself again.

This morning I woke up at 5:15 a.m. with Ryan to get in a workout. It felt good to sweat again and while I was pretty sure my workout would be rather horrific as we drove to the gym, a rockin’ workout playlist pumped me up while I ran on the treadmill and I left feeling accomplished. Success!

My latest workout playlist is packed with upbeat music to keep your energy level up!

High Energy Workout Playlist

After my workout, it was time for breakfast.

scrambled eggs

I made myself a batch of scrambled eggs with spinach, onion and chicken sausage and ate them with a hot cup of s’mores coffee.

scrambled eggs chicken sausage

Now it’s off to work!

See ya after lunch, my friends!

Question of the Morning

• What is your go-to pump up song right now?

Comments

Glad you’re feeling better after your crazy weekend. I always feel like Monday mornings is when I need to most energy to get my workout in…since weekends can definitely leave me feeling wiped out when I go out with friends. And entertaining music like this definitely helps with my motivation.

2. Angie says

My go to, POWER song…. “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor. I tell ya…I think I’m a rock star runner, a beast at CrossFit, and an ACE whenever I hear that song. Whatever activity I am doing, you can’t tell me I can’t!!! Hope you like it!!!

Glad you had a great time in Vegas!!!

3. Krystina says

I have a lot of these songs on my workout playlist right now too! But you def introduced some new ones…thank you! Also, “Bulletproof” was mine and my husband’s wedding song! We both love to dance and this song was such a huge hit when we first started dating. We actually started off with “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion for about 20 seconds and then on came La Roux! Everyone loved it and we had SO much fun!

4. Merri Smith says

My go-to song right now is Summertime Sadness, the Lana Del Rey with Cedric Gervais version…brings me back to Vegas and I played it on repeat yesterday while I read your recap haha! TAKE ME BACK!!

LOVE Ya!!

meR

Your workout playlist actually looks really similar to mine right now. I’m loving Wake Me Up by Avicii and Sweet Nothing by Calvin Harris- both of those songs give me a ton of energy.
    I’ll have to check out your other ones too, thanks for sharing!

6. Courtney says

How do you make your playlists? I don’t want to pay for new songs….lol. I’m also computer illiterate!

Alive by Krewella is an awesome workout song too- I saw them live on Thursday and they were awesome!

I’ve been all about updating my playlists as of late. I’ve been listening to some old school jams from my high school/early college days and it’s just nice to think of old memories while running or doing something similar!

8. Giuls1721 says

Hi! I love your playlist! Now I’m running everyday at my residence gym and i always listen some mash up that i find on youtube =)
    A huge hug from France

9. Giuls1721 says

A huge hug from France
    Giuls

10. Alison says

I love when you post new songs, Julie! My favorites right now are “The Fire” by the Roots ft John Legend, “Hands Up” by September, “A Little Party Never Killed Nobody” from the Great Gatsby, and “Still Into You” by Paramore.

11. Mary Beth says

First of all …. S’mores coffee???? Holy Spicoli, that sounds like something worth avoiding the snooze button over!!! 🙂

Go to pump me up song of my week has been Bon Jovi’s We Weren’t Born to Follow … I am one of those girls on the treadmill or trail that will sing out the “Yeah’s” and get giggles from athletes without earbuds. It’s cool … I share the cheer 🙂

I’ve never heard of *any* of those songs you listed! Man I feel so sheltered. I’ll have to check them out for sure, because I’m always on the lookout for good workout songs! My go-to pump up song right now is Remember the Name by Fort Minor. It’s a few years old, but still totally awesome!

13. Andrea D. says

I heard Avicii’s song ‘Wake Me Up’ on the radio and immediately put that on my workout playlist, it really gets me pumped up too! I have also been listening to ‘You Used to Hold Me’ by Calvin Harris, ‘Never Gonna Come Back Down’ by BT (it’s from the Gone in 60 Seconds soundtrack apparently), and Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ when I workout. Thanks for the other suggestions, I will have to check ’em out!

I love the playlist! For a while now, every time I go for a run I put on David Guetta’s Pandora station but I’ll have to try Avicii next time!! Hope you get your voice back soon!!

Those eggs look delicious! YUM! Definitely going to make those this weekend. My favorite gym songs right now are:
    Crank it Up – David Guetta
    Carried Away – Passion Pit
    Pause – Pitbull

16. Kylie says

Thanks for this playlist! You should work for iTunes because I purchased some of these songs yesterday before my workout 🙂 What kind of s’mores coffee do you buy? Thanks!!

17. Heather S. says

Thanks for the playlist ideas! I’ll have to check those out – time to add some new tunes to the Pod. Right now my favorite running songs are: I’m Alive (Life Sounds Like) by Michael Franti, Overcomer by Mandissa, Ceiling Can’t Hold Us by Like the Bike, and Live with Abandon by Newsboys.