Then I remembered my mini loaf pans and the idea to make banana bread mini loaves hit me!
Ryan is a huge banana bread fan and when I mentioned the idea of making banana bread to him, he was more than willing to indulge my baking bug and be a taste tester with me.
As I was playing around in the kitchen, I became a bit worried that my experimentation wouldn’t yield yummy mini loaves, but once I tried the batter, my faith was restored. Banana bread batter reminds me a bit of banana pancake batter, but sweeter… and better.
In the end, the loaves came out perfectly moist and flavorful. They definitely had that traditional banana flavor, but weren’t overpowered with too much banana flare.
Banana Bread Mini Loafs
Makes two full mini loafs or three smaller loaves
- 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/4 c. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray two mini loaf pans with cooking spray
- Beat sugars, egg, oil and vanilla extract in a large bowl
- Once sugar mixture is combined, beat in bananas
- In a separate bowl, combine flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Slowly beat flour mixture into sugar mixture
- Beat in chia seeds
- Pour batter into two loaf pans
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, until the tops of the loaves are light brown