Stupid move by me… but why not put off those tasks a bit longer and post about cookies?
I must confess, I kind of love using cake mix to make baked goods other than cakes. It feels so innovative when, in actuality, it’s probably just lazy. But is is fun and having fun is the best part of baking, right?
Okay, after eating dough, having fun is the best part of baking.
When I made snickerdoodle cake mix cookies on Sunday, I immediately had an idea when I saw the way the cookies looked when they came out of the oven.
They were splitting and crinkly looking… perfect for classic chocolate crinkle cookies!
Would you believe me if I told you I’ve never actually had a chocolate crinkle cookie? It’s true! So I cannot say that these are perfect chocolate crinkle cookies, but if chocolate crinkle cookies are supposed to taste like brownie cookies, these babies are legit.
Chocolate Crinkle Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until everything is combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a small bowl.
- Roll cookie dough into balls and roll around in bowl of powdered sugar until they are coated in a thin layer of the sugar.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet and bake for approximately 12 minutes.
- Cool and enjoy.
I made these cookies to fill a tin to send to one of my girlfriends who I picked for Secret Santa. I’m pretty sure she’s going to know it’s me now, but I’m pretty awful with secrets anyway, so it was only a matter of time.