Under the sea
Darling it’s better
Down where it’s wetter
Take it from me”
I looked to the sea for my lunch this afternoon.
Well hello there, shrimpies!
After enjoying salmon burgers for dinner last night, I was really feelin’ the sea food vibe and decided to make myself a healthified shrimp salad for lunch.
To begin, I boiled several large, frozen shrimp until they were pink and ready for peeling. (I definitely just wrote “peeing.” Good catch.)
After peeling the shrimp, I put them in the fridge to chill for a bit.
Once the shrimp were sufficiently cold, I chopped them up and transformed them into a delicious shrimp salad which I prepared by combining the following:
- 3 ounces peeled, chopped shrimp
- 1 tbsp. light Miracle Whip (mayonnaise will also work)
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
I topped a whole wheat tortilla with baby greens and the shrimp salad and served the wrap along with a sliced orange bell pepper.
Of Possible Interest
- Three Moves that Target the Heck Out of Your Abs (FitBottomedGirls.com)
- Banish That Belly in Three Easy Steps (FitSugar.com)
- 7 Easy Ways to Lighten Up Your Snacks (Health.com)
Question of the Afternoon
- What is your all-time favorite Disney movie?
Without a doubt, mine is The Little Mermaid. When I was growing up I used to pretend to be Ariel in our pool. A green bucket served as my “Flounder.” 😉
All morning I’ve been listening to songs from the movie through Grooveshark (hence the “Under the Sea” reference at the beginning of this post) and am making a serious effort to keep my singing inside my head rather than belting it out for my coworkers to hear.
“I wanna be where the people are, I wanna see, wanna see ’em dancin’…”