Tonight I am headed out to my friend Cherayne’s apartment to enjoy dinner with some of my girlfriends. Cherayne is making black bean burgers (yum!) and we’re all bringing a little somethin’ somethin’ to enjoy as well.
With my sweet tooth, it should come as no surprise that I’m bringing a dessert… that is if there’s any left by the time I head out of the house!
When I arrived home from work, I whipped up a batch of chewy butterscotch bars and they turned out oh-so-moist, sweet and tasty!
Of course, I just had to share the recipe with you guys!
Chewy Butterscotch Bars
- 1 12-oz package butterscotch chips
- 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
- 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 3/4 c. water
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. flour
*Note: You may substitute 3 eggs in place of the ground flax seeds and water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Microwave butter and butterscotch chips until melted, stirring regularly (about 2 minutes)
- Stir sugars, flax seeds, water and vanilla into the butterscotch and sugar mixture
- Stir in flour
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch pan, sprayed with cooking spray
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes