A few months ago I hated yoga. I just couldn’t get into it.
My mind would race a mile a minute during every class. I found myself feeling inadequate as I looked at the people who were all surely professional gymnasts and could contort their bodies into the most bizarre positions… and then hold them for a minute or two.
I wasn’t until I took a yoga class with an instructor who offered modifications to more advanced yoga poses and was constantly telling the class to practice yoga in the way that feels right to them and their body that I actually enjoyed it. What a world of difference!
Ever since then, I’ve found that my body honestly craves yoga. The way I feel after a solid hour of deep stretching is unsurpassed by any other workout. (You may read about my favorite yoga pose here.)
This morning I took a yoga class after doing 30 minutes of light cardio on the elliptical and it felt fantastic.
My quadriceps and hamstrings were unbelievably tight. I’ve been wanting to take a yoga class ever since I finished the Chicago Rock ‘n’ Roll half marathon a week and a half ago, but I’ve been waiting for the scab/bruise on my knee (thank you, Sadie) to heal so I could comfortably do all of the poses.
After yoga and a quick walk with Sadie, I came home to assemble breakfast. I could have sworn I had a peach in the fridge, but apparently I eat things and forget about them these days. 🙂
Though I initially planned to enjoy a peach-tastic breakfast, I changed my menu and opted for a simple morning meal of a banana and Chobani Greek yogurt which I enjoyed with a scoop of Polaner blueberry fruit spread.
Though this breakfast veered from my initial plan, it was still pretty darn tasty!
Let me just say I love PBF readers!
As a little token of my love for you guys, please enjoy this compilation of ’80s jams that I assembled from your comments on my morning post from yesterday. Get ready to sing and dance your way through the rest of the work day!
- Whitesnake: Here I Go Again
- Culture Club: Karma Chameleon
- Tiffany: I Think We’re Alone Now
- AC/DC: TNT
- Whitney Houston: I Wanna Dance With Somebody
- Guns N’ Roses: Paradise City
- Debbie Gibson: Shake Your Love
- The Buggles: Video Killed the Radio Star
- Hall & Oates: You Make My Dreams
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes: I’ve Had the Time of My Life
- Tears for Fears: Everybody Wants to Rule the World
- Journey: Don’t Stop Believin’
- Pat Benatar: Love is a Battlefield
- Peter Gabriel: In Your Eyes
- Dexy’s Midnight Runners: Come on Eileen
- Katrina & The Waves: Walking on Sunshine
- Kenny Loggins: Footloose
Now go make yourself a rockin’ ’80s playlist! 😀