Today’s breakfast was so good… in theory.
My hopes for this meal were high.
I made English muffin French toast using coconut milk in the egg batter mixture instead of regular milk. I was so excited about this idea and figured the French toast would have a delicious hint of coconut flavor.
The coconut flavor was completely lost. Such a bummer! At least the French toast was still delicious. Maybe adding a drop or two of coconut extract would help?
The good news? Sub-par French toast is better than no French toast!
Some of my more successful French toast recipes:
- Banana Almond Stuffed French Toast
- French Toast Casserole
- French Toast Strips
- Peanut Butter Stuffed French Toast
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter French Toast (<— Can’t wait to make this one soon!)
Today’s workout began with 20 minutes on the treadmill that looked like this:
I completed slightly more than two miles and worked up a nice sweat.
Then it was time for this upper-body workout that included three sets of 15 – 20 repetitions of the following exercises:
- Superset One: Chest press + Bicep curls
- Superset Two: Upright rows + Tricep dips
- Superset Three: Ryan’s awesome shoulder move + Incline bicep curls
- Superset Four: Tricep pull downs + Side shoulder raises
- One minute plank hold
I really liked this combination of exercises. The incline bicep curls may be popping up in a lot of my future upper-body workouts because they really made my biceps burn!
Off to revamp some of the pages on the blog that desperately need attention… like basically every single one of my recipe pages.