The Crock Pot Challenge is officially over!
Challenge details: Try 10 new crock pot recipes between January 11 and the end of February.
We like to keep things simple around here!
I loved the way this challenge encouraged me to experiment a bit with my crock pot and try a bunch of new recipes. When it comes to crock pot cooking, I tend to fall back on my old stand by recipes, so taking the time to plan meals and look for mouth-watering recipes was quite fun!
Here’s a brief overview of the recipes I attempted during the challenge:
- Crock Pot Carrot Ginger Soup: Healthy and creamy, this soup was the perfect cold weather dinner! I loved the zip from the ginger and the comforting flavor.
- Skinny Chicken Tikka Masala: I converted Gina’s recipe into a crock pot-friendly version and we loved it! I used light coconut milk in place of the regular milk.
- Slow Cooker Beef Stew: I added a lot more vegetables to the recipe but really enjoyed the flavor of the broth of this hearty stew.
- Crock Pot Steel Cut Oats: Ultimate recipe fail. I tried my best to salvage this one, but it was an all-around dud.
- Crock Pot Garam Masala Chicken & Chickpeas: My favorite recipe from the challenge! I am now a proud member of the garam masala fan club!
- Cuban Chicken: This dish was a hit with my entire family. Veggie-packed and filling!
- Mediterranean Succotash: We enjoyed this succotash over brown rice and thought it was delicious! A perfect meatless meal.
- Slow Cooker Seafood Gumbo: As a big-time seafood lover, I thought this gumbo was delicious! I needed to add more liquid to the recipe, but other than that, I thought it was a winner.
- Crock Pot Curried Lentils: Not a pretty dish, but a tasty one!
- Easy Crock Pot Carnitas: Ryan’s favorite recipe from the challenge! He dubbed the carnitas “restaurant quality.”
Recipes I have on my radar that I still need to try:
Crock Pot Challenge Link Up
And now for your recaps! I initially planned to set up a plugin for you guys to add your own links to this post, but I’m having major issues with the coding this morning, so I’m going to manually add your links. I found a bunch of your recaps myself, but if you have a recap post you’d like to share that isn’t included below, please add it to the comments section or email it to me at email@example.com and I’ll add it ASAP!
Be sure to check out Crock Pot Challenge recaps from these awesome challenge participants:
- Running in a Skirt
- Freeing Imperfections
- WHOLEistically Fit
- Running 4 Cupcakes
- She Wines Sometimes
- Lively Happenings
- Good for the Soul by Dani-T
- Some Sugar Added
- Run with Perseverance
- Be Well Bundo
- Food & Fitness
- It’s Sweet for Certain
- Life After Swimming
Question of the Morning
- What is the best slow cooker meal you’ve made within the past month or two?