How is your weekend going? I just left a fabulous early morning detox yoga class. The best part of the class occurred at the very end when the woman next to me said, “Well that was fabulous. Now I’m ready to go get ‘toxed.’” Ha!
We chatted for a bit after class and a Super Bowl party is on her agenda for today! Ryan and I will also be heading to a friend’s house to watch the Puppy Bowl big game and I’m currently making a grocery list so we can arrive with some delicious treats to share!
I know a bunch of you out there are likely gearing up for a party today as well and are planning to make a trip to the grocery store this morning, so I wanted to pop in and share some of my go-to lightened up party favorites! Below you will find a mix of side dishes, desserts and dips.
Healthy and Delicious Super Bowl Snacks
- Fruit Kebabs with Honey Goat Cheese Dip – This dip requires only two ingredients and is sweet, tangy and creamy. Always a hit!
- Gluten-Free + Vegan Brownie Batter Truffles – These truffles taste like brownie batter and don’t require any time in the oven. With only four good-for-you ingredients, you can make these in a flash and be out the door in no time at all. Perfect for the procrastinators out there who also happen to have a sweet tooth!
- Edamame and Black Bean Salad – This can easily be a side dish or a dip. It is ridiculously delicious and comes together really fast thanks to minimal chopping in the kitchen!
- Curried Sweet Potato Salad – As someone who thinks typical potato salad is not so tasty, I was shocked to find myself in love with the curried sweet potato salad dish I had at a local restaurant. This is my recreation of that dish and Ryan and I love the sweet and savory flavor combination.
- No Bake Oatmeal Nut Butter Balls – A perfectly popable snack sure to satisfy the peanut butter lovers out there!
- Cilantro Shrimp and Avocado Salad – This salad is light and flavorful and I can easily eat it as an entree, though it makes a fabulous side dish as well.
- Cinnamon Peanut Butter Popcorn – Combine peanut butter and popcorn and you’ve got a homerun! This addicting recipe can easily be tripled or quadrupled to serve a big group… but don’t assume you’ll have any leftovers!
Happy Super Bowl Sunday!