This morning’s five mile run with Sadie was a toasty one!
I’m not going to complain about the heat because I am too happy for negative thoughts, as today’s second attempt at running following my bruised heel also proved pain free! Woop woop! 😀
Since Florida heat doesn’t believe in dissipating throughout the night or in the early morning, I returned from my run looking awfully sweaty.
A cold breakfast was the only way to go.
This morning I busted out the blender to make myself a strawberry banana protein smoothie.
Into the blender went:
- 1 frozen banana
- 3/4 c. frozen strawberries
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 scoop All the Whey strawberry protein powder
- Enough milk to get everything movin’
Quite a few of you have asked about this fancy-schmancy “J” cup. It is made by Tervis Tumbler and you may find them at Bed Bath and Beyond. The cup is virtually indestructible and the double-insulated walls greatly reduce condensation which is perfect for when you make cold drinks on a hot day.
I love drinking a ginormous smoothie after a sweaty run.
It’s just so darn refreshing!
Happy Birthday to My Mama!!!
Today is a big day in the world of PBF!
Today is my mom’s birthday!
Happy birthday to the most amazing mother in the whole wide world.
My mother is truly a remarkable woman.
Happy birthday, Mama. I love so many things about you:
- I love your unwavering optimism
- I love how I can always go to you for love and support
- I love how a bowl of your chicken noodle soup makes any sickness go away and any sad feelings subside
- I love that you shoot a basketball “granny style”
- I love how you always have a “Welcome Home Julie” sign on the door every time I come to visit
- I love that you now include Ryan and Sadie on that sign
- I love how you’re always up for anything
- I love that you said that you were thinking of your granddog when your doctor told you to think of something that made you happy
- I love how Aunt Laurie said she knew I was your daughter when she caught me eating cake for breakfast
- I love how unbelievably loving, giving and caring you are
- I love how strong you are and how you faced breast cancer with courage and a sense of hope and faith unmatched by anyone
- I love you for being the woman I strive to be every day
I can’t wait to celebrate your special day with you soon!
In honor of my mom’s birthday, feel free to share something you love about your mother below!