- Weeks 8, 9 and 10
- Weeks 11, 12 and 13
- Weeks 14, 15 and 16
- Weeks 17 & 18
- 19 Weeks
- 20 Weeks
- 21 Weeks
- 22 Weeks
- 23 Weeks
Baby is the size of an ear of corn!
I feel like my belly is officially in the big-time growth phase right now. With each week that passes, I see a noticeable difference which is really cool! My belly also seems to be getting more of a rounded appearance which is a welcomed change from just looking rather thick which is how I’ve felt my midsection looked for weeks up until now. And I still feel like my belly looks bigger in person than it does in photographs for some reason! (It also surpassed my boobs this week… Is that a pregnancy milestone of some sort? Haha!)
As of my 24-week prenatal appointment, I am up 15.5 pounds. My doctor said this is right on track for the advised pregnancy weight gain and that made me happy!
Workouts continue to feel great and I had more energy this week than I’ve had in a while! My workouts this week included spinning, walking outside with Sadie, BodyPump (2x) and another strength workout (the barbell class I taught).
I felt very much like myself this week with the exception of a continued feeling of heaviness down there when I walk uphill, run (<— not happening) and do certain stabilizing activities like balance on one leg. I also had some unexpected back soreness this week, mostly following long periods of time on my feet. Not so fun!
Another kind of weird thing I noticed is that I don’t like walking around barefoot at all. My feet seem to be rather sensitive right now and I feel much more comfortable walking around the house in TOMS or slippers.
- CHIPOTLE… The whole darn restaurant
- Egg white oatmeal for breakfast
- Apples, watermelon, pineapple, grapes… Basically any watery/sweet fruit!
Though the Snoogle is still my favorite thing in the world, it didn’t save me completely from a few nights of restlessness this week. I was up a lot on Monday night, but I think a lot of that had to do with some nervousness I was feeling before our 24-week appointment the following morning.
Looking Forward To…
- Ryan feeling our baby move! I feel him dance around daily and now that I’ve been able to spot some of his stronger movements outside of my belly, I am dying for Ryan to be able to feel him move, too! Though we’ve tried a number of times, our little one seems to get shy when Ryan puts his hands on my stomach.
- Meeting my friend Leah’s baby and seeing some of my best friends from college! My friend Leah had a little baby boy last month and I will finally get to meet him next week when we’re in Sarasota for a wedding. I cannot wait to hold her little one and see some of my girlfriends whom I haven’t seen since I first told them I was pregnant, especially since I’m sporting a much bigger baby bump than the last time I saw them!
Any Baby/Pregnancy-Related Purchases?
My second maternity StitchFix arrived and I was so excited to dig through it since my last one was such a hit. This one had two great winners, including a flowy bohemian-style open fringe cardigan and a set of neutral camis in white, black and beige that I am already wearing daily!
For those expectant mamas who might be interested, here is what I received in my fix from top to bottom (left to right):
- Brixon Ivy Diaz Embroidery & Crochet Detail Cotton Top – Return. I loved the lace detailing but it was too short and boxy for me.
- LA Made Maternity Siera Maternity Maxi Dress – Return. Comfy and very lightweight but not flattering on my body type. (Too tight on my hips.)
- RD Style Himma Poncho Cardigan – Keep! My favorite item in the box! Flowy and flattering without adding bulk.
- Street Level Bucket Tote – Return. I liked this tote but I already have something similar.
- Stitch Fix 3-Pack Maternity Cami – Keep! A great maternity staple!
I also received some incredibly sweet baby gifts for our little guy this week…
Nope! I finally ran out of my Mambino Organic Oh Baby! Belly Butter and am now using a combination of Nine Naturals Belly Butter & Stretch Mark Cream and Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter. I feel like the Nine Naturals belly butter is a happy medium between the Mambino and Burt’s Bees belly butters because it’s thicker than the Burt’s Bees belly butter (which is a good thing in my opinion) but it isn’t as greasy as the Mambino belly butter (which I actually didn’t mind at all, but I know that’s a deal-breaker for some).
Belly Button In Or Out?
My belly button is basically flat right now. It looks so funny! I know an outie is right around the corner.
Happy or Moody Most Of The Time?
Yes! Daily! I feel him move most after I’ve sipped on sparkling water or right when I first go into a horizontal position.