Good morning and happy Tuesday! I am feeling a little more like myself today after a rather sleepy and slow recovery from the weekend. I took the weekend off from working out but did manage to make it to a BodyPump class on Friday which was glorious! Today is the first day since then that I haven’t felt sore. I think that’s a sign that I need more BodyPump in my life!
I’m still not sure what I want to do as far as a gym membership goes right now. I paid for an unlimited membership to my local Pure Barre studio which is quite expensive, so I will be sticking to mostly barre and at-home workouts through the end of the month. After that, we’ll just have to see. I’ve found a pay-as-you-go gym that offers BodyPump classes for $5 a class and Ryan and I have also talked about looking into CrossFit, so who knows! For right now, I’ll ride out my Pure Barre obsession.
After today’s Pure Barre workout, I popped into Starbucks for a cinnamon dolce cappuccino (another obsession) before heading home to make a hot breakfast.
On the menu for today was a bowl of oatmeal made with egg whites, mashed banana, milk, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
It wasn’t a bad way to start the day, but it made me miss my egg white and oatmeal protein pancake! I must bring that back!
Question of the Day
- Anyone else in a weird limbo phase with their workouts right now? What are you doing to keep up with your fitness?
I always seem to get into weird limbo phases with my workouts when I finish training for a half marathon or discover a new group exercise class that I LOVE since I tend to go all in and only want to do that class! I know variety is important when it comes to fitness, so sometimes I have to remind myself to spice things up a bit!
For those who asked for outfit details from last weekend’s looks, here ya gooo…
- Skirt: Express Aztec midi skirt (When I was looking for the link to that skirt this morning, I ended up buying this Aztec print sheath dress and this long-sleeve black dress from Express. I think they will be so cute with a denim vest or jacket this winter!)
- Shoes: Nine West Girlsrock Peeptoe Pump (via Nordstrom Rack in Charlotte – If you love the look of booties but feel like most give you “cankles” I totally feel you and highly recommend these shoes as an alternative. They’re much more flattering since they don’t cut in at the ankle and are surprisingly comfortable for pumps! They come in black, too.)
- Cobalt crop top: Mimi Chica (via Nordstrom Rack in Charlotte – I couldn’t find the top online, but here are similar options: $6 Abound cami crop top, $24 Bisou Bisou crop top, $9 SO crop <— not in blue but my favorite shape)
- Gold necklace: Stitch Fix
- Bracelets: White Plum enamel link bracelet and assorted Hautelook bangles
- (Faux) horn watch: Kenneth Jay Lane (via RueLaLa)
I have also texted Cherayne about her lace dress, but she’s out of the country on her honeymoon right now, so I’ll report back when I hear from her!
- Dress: ABS by Allen Schwartz (via RueLaLa – I cannot find it online anymore but it’s the same one I wore to Terry and Janelle’s wedding last year!)
- Nude pumps: Off 5th
- Dress: BCBG