As I’m sure you can imagine, things are a little stressful over here right now. Moving is never a simple process and there have been some issues popping up with our temporary housing situation. We’ll be in a hotel for a few days until our temporary apartment is ready for us to move into later this week. It will be a lot of picking up and moving from place to place until we find somewhere to live in Charlotte, but I suppose that’s all part of the adventure.
Ryan’s first day at his new job is today and I am going to be driving to Charlotte with Sadie as soon as I pack up some things and publish this post. I’m hoping we’ll be there when he gets off work!
I am currently blogging from my parents’ place in Jacksonville. I spent all day Saturday in Ocala packing and tying up some loose ends (we aren’t moved out of our house there just yet – that will likely come when we find a place to live in Charlotte since our lease runs through August) and then I had a lovely Father’s Day with my family in Jax yesterday. Now I’m in Charlotte-mode and ready to get settled in our new hometown!
This morning I went on a run with Sadie. I wanted to tackle five miles on the beach since I’ll be sitting for more than six hours in the car today. During our run, we stumbled upon something very special.
Sea turtle tracks!
I took them as a wonderful reminder that the simple things in life are the best things. They made me smile and I needed a smile this morning. I am thrilled to be moving to Charlotte but sad to be moving farther away family. I will miss them terribly.
While I was running, the volunteer sea turtle patrol roped off the nest where a mama sea turtle laid her eggs last night.
Sadie and I made sure to give them lots of space and sat down to stretch and watch the process.
(She decided my lap was more comfortable than hard-packed sand.)
To continue on with the 10 Day You Challenge that I’ve totally neglected, I’ll share two songs I loved on today’s run…
- Shai – If I Ever Fall In Love (Acapella): This song came on during my post-run stretch and I absolutely adore it! It takes everything I have not to belt out every single word. “Aaand if I ever (EVER!) fall in love again, I will be sure sure that the lady is a friend!”
- Bell Biv DeVoe – Poison: Not the classiest of all songs, but it’s so darn catchy! It helped me pick up the pace a bit today.
Once our run was done, we headed inside and I grabbed a quick shower and assembled an easy breakfast.
I polished off the last of a large container of cottage cheese and topped it with fresh blueberries, cinnamon, sliced almonds and cashews.
Plus a LUNA bar and lots of water on the side.
I’ll be back later today with part two of my San Francisco Stitch Fix recap that I typed up over the weekend, but the next time I blog in “real time” I’ll be comin’ at you from Charlotte!!!
Have a great Monday!
Lightened Up Summer Fare Giveaway Winners
- Laura W.: “My favorite dish to enjoy at a summer cookout is definitely turkey burgers from the grill! And I like to bring fruit trays as a healthy dish (helps me avoid eating a thousand cookies!)”
- Andi Z.: “I am ALL about the corn on the cob as a side dish to everything in the summer! I also love to bring along big bowls of fruit salad or fresh veggies with interesting salsas and dips to bring a little health to the otherwise potato salad/cole-slaw/fried dishes that are in abundance.”
- Britt: “I recently fell in love with deviled egg past salad. If you haven’t tried it, you MUST! My favorite item at a BBQ has to be grilled corn on the cob, with lime chili powder butter. MMM!”
All of the giveaway winners were emailed first thing this morning. Thanks to everyone who entered!