A taco pasta skillet!
Last night I wanted pasta and tacos and figured I could satisfy both cravings by creating a pasta dish with a little taco flare!
I started by boiling three cups of Barilla PLUS Farfalle pasta.
A couple of weeks ago Barilla sent me a package of their pastas to try, along with a gift card to use toward recipe ingredients, so I was excited to play around in the kitchen last night!
Did you know that the name farfalle is derived from the Italian word farfalla, meaning butterfly? It’s pretty pasta!
Once I cooked and drained the pasta, I set it aside and sautéed an onion in a large skillet before adding lean ground beef, taco seasoning and diced tomatoes.
And then I topped everything with cheese. Of course.
The end result was a hearty pasta dish that was full of flavor!Print
If you like tacos and love pasta, I have a recipe to share with you this afternoon that might be right up your alley!
- 3 cups Barilla PLUS Farfalle pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1-ounce packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 14.5-ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water according to directions on box. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, heat olive oil for approximately one minute. Add onion and cook for approximately two minutes.
- Add ground beef to onion. Once beef is browned, add taco seasoning.
- Add diced tomatoes to ground beef, stir and allow to simmer for approximately three minutes.
- Add pasta to ground beef and stir.
- Top with shredded cheese and serve.
Serve it with a side salad and you’re all set!
Keywords: beef recipes, dinner, lunch/dinner recipes, pasta recipes, recipes
This pasta skillet got rave reviews in our house last night and tasted great again this afternoon when I reheated a bowl of the pasta for lunch.
If you decide to give it a go, I hope you enjoy every last bite!