Until then, scroll down for this week’s roundup of favorites, Thing I’m Loving Friday style!
Things I’m Loving Friday
Rice Krispie Treat Favors
I just wanted to share these baby shower favors with you guys because they were so easy to make and I think they turned out pretty well! I got the idea from my friend Pamela and figured they would make a nice little addition to Merri’s baby shower this weekend. I wanted to put them on your radar in case any of you out there might be looking for something simple to make for a birthday party, bridal/baby shower, class party, graduation party, springtime BBQ, etc.
To make them, I first bought a large “treat sheet” of Rice Krispie Treats and drizzled them with melted white chocolate (I used white chocolate melting wafers) and sprinkles. I then cut the Rice Krispies into squares and pushed a decorative paper straw into them as the handle before wrapping them in individual cellophane bags and sealing them with mini white bow twist ties. Easy, fun and tasty!
When I am ordering clothing for myself online, I will often add some loungewear or pajamas to my cart because there’s not much I love more than changing into comfy clothes once I know I’m home for the day. Then, a little too frequently, I end up returning the “real” clothes I ordered and only keeping the loungewear. What can I say? It’s my favorite and gets the most wear out of everything I own (leggings not withstanding). My latest loungewear find is GAP’s Modal SuperSoft Loungewear Set and it’s the perfect transitional set to get you through the crazy weather swings. (Bonus: I think it’s still 50% off with the code YOURS right now!) Though the pants are paired with a long-sleeve henley top, the fabric is lightweight enough to still be great for warmer weather and I know I’ll be reaching for this set on repeat! It’s incredibly soft and cozy while still remaining breathable. I am a big fan of GAP’s modal line (I’ve raved about their modal pajamas on the blog for years) and love the way the black color of this set looks a little less “pajama-y” and slightly more pulled together than other loungewear I reach for at home.
I’ve been a seafood lover my entire life and love everything from fish and shellfish to octopus and squid. Give me all of it! If you are a big-time seafood fan like me, you’ve likely already tried smoked oysters but just in case they aren’t on your radar, I wanted to highlight them today! I love to pair them with Simple Mills crackers (and sometimes a smear of cream cheese) when I’m craving a salty snack. Nutritionally speaking, they’re a great snack choice and while I choose them for their flavor, I love knowing that eating smoked oysters is providing my body with iron, protein, zinc and omega-3s. I buy the Crown Prince Natural Smoked Oysters on Thrive Market and also love ALDI’s Northern Catch Smoked Oysters!
Water Drinking Tip
File this under totally random things to share but it’s been helpful for me so I figured I’d pass it along. I recently read a tip that encourages me to drink water and it’s so simple that I actually DO it. (I think the tip originated on TikTok but made its way to IG influencers, too.) Whenever you go to take a sip of water, instead of drinking a sip or two, drink five. I know it doesn’t sound like much but all those extra sips add up, especially if you’re someone like me who often takes only two sips at a time. I’m forever on a mission to drink more water and love that this tip feels manageable.
March 2022 Top 10
In an effort to be better at taking the time to analyze some of my analytics, last year I began sharing a monthly recap in my Friday posts highlighting my top 10 blog posts and your top 10 favorite finds from the blog + Instagram. Hopefully this will also help you check out some blog posts you might have missed or help you easily locate an item I’ve mentioned in the past that got buried in blog/social media mayhem.
Here’s a peek at was you guys liked best in March 2022!
Top 10 Blog Posts
- Life with 3 Kids 1.5 Years In (Part Two)
- A Giant Amazon Haul: 10 Fashion Finds, 10 Kid Finds, 10 Home Finds
- Greek Yogurt Rotisserie Chicken Salad
- How To Motivate Yourself to Work Out
- Easy Orange Juice Chicken Marinade
- To Boise and Back
- Three-Minute Egg White Oatmeal
- Week of Weeknight Meals: February 2022
- 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- A Monday Check-In
Top 10 Favorites
- Bissell Handheld Vacuum (Perfect for small spaces, vacuuming out cars, strollers, handbags, etc.)
- UnbuckleMe Car Seat Release Tool (Game changer for helping little one independently get out of their car seats)
- New Balance Fresh Foam Sneakers (My long-time favorite casual sneakers)
- Metal Clamps (Clearly you guys were just as in need of stronger clips for chips and snacks as were were in our house!)
- DragonFit Joggers (Flattering fit with a silkier feel so they look a little more put together than typical joggers and sweats)
- Extra High-Waisted Button Fly Jeans (Love the fit of these especially for pear-shaped bodies)
- Flower Crown Kit (A go-to birthday party gift for me for little girls)
- Puracy Stain Remover (My favorite natural stain remover I’ve been using for years)
- Glider Airplanes (A slam dunk + affordable gift our boys still play with all the time)
- Black Kraft Paper + Chalk Markers (My new favorite way to wrap and decorate gifts in a unique way)
Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Broccoli (I needed an easy dinner on Wednesday night and this one fit the bill!)
Recent Beauty Favorites (Lots of clean beauty finds in this one!)
Question of the Day
What is one thing you are loving this week?