This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Broccoli is made with delicious pantry staples and comes together quickly, making it the perfect weeknight dinner. Enjoy it spooned over fluffy brown rice or by itself for a deliciously flavorful meal the whole family will love.
True story: I was intimidated by my pressure cooker for months. All of that hot steam and pressure freaked me out and, after receiving a pressure cooker from Ryan for Christmas, our pressure cooker went untouched for nearly a year. Fast forward to the future and now it’s easily one of our most-used kitchen appliances. I love the way it does everything a slow cooker does in a fraction of the time and find myself using the pressure cooker year round because it’s so darn easy.
For my fellow pressure cooker lovers, I have another Instant Pot recipe to share with you today — my second ever on the blog! Does this mean I’m behind the times? Probably. But I’ve never claimed to be a super cool food blogger. I just blog about what I like even if it takes me a while to discover kitchen appliances that people have been raving about for years.
So, whether you recently added an Instant Pot to your kitchen collection or have been using one forever, I think this recipe for my Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Broccoli will wow you in the best kind of way! Why? Because it’s easy to make (pretty much a given for the recipes I share around here), delicious and made with a handful of pantry staples.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- chicken broth
- soy sauce or coconut aminos
- sriracha ⠀
- rice vinegar⠀
- chicken thighs (always preferred over chicken breasts over here for maximum flavor!)
- frozen broccoli
The best part of this recipe? The only thing you need to chop is a few cloves of garlic. That’s it! We’re making good use of frozen broccoli (already chopped for you!) in this recipe and I promise you won’t be able to tell. I’ve actually made this recipe with both fresh and frozen broccoli and now I make it exclusively with frozen broccoli because it tastes fantastic. The frozen broccoli soaks up all of the delicious sauce but doesn’t get that weird frozen veggie texture or diluted watery flavor at all. Pinky swear!
This Instant Pot Honey Garlic Chicken and Broccoli is a great one to keep on hand for busy weeknights since you basically just dump everything you need for the honey garlic sauce into the Instant Pot along with the chicken and let it do it’s thing before throwing in the frozen broccoli and a bit of cornstarch to help thicken everything up and turn the sauce into something worthy of spooning over piles of fluffy rice. YUM!
Instant Pot Honey Garlic ChickenPrint
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos⠀
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sriracha ⠀
- 5 cloves garlic, minced⠀
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar⠀
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs⠀
- 16 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch ⠀
- Optional: Sesame seeds + green onion for garnish + brown rice for serving
- Whisk together the chicken broth through rice vinegar in the Instant Pot. Add the chicken thighs and stir to coat. ⠀
- Cover, seal, and cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes. Once done, turn the knob to quick -release the pressure and remove the lid. ⠀
- Press off, remove the chicken and shred. Return the chicken to the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté function. ⠀
- Mix cornstarch into 1/4 cup of water in a small bowl and pour into the Instant Pot. Stir. ⠀
- Add the broccoli and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring often, until broccoli has warmed and softened, and sauce has thickened a bit. ⠀
- Spoon over brown rice if desired, top with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Keywords: Instant Pot honey garlic chicken, Instant Pot chicken, pressure cooker chicken, honey garlic chicken, chicken and broccoli