Ryan and I are taking the boys to St. Simons Island in Georgia for a long weekend before continuing south to Jacksonville to spend the remainder of the week with my family. We are ready for some fun in the sun and plan to fill our days with beach time, pool time and family. I’ll do my best to pop in on the blog when I can but right now I’m ready to sign off and head south! Scroll on down if you’d like to check out this week’s roundup of favorites, Things I’m Loving Friday style!
Things I’m Loving Friday
I’m oddly into clear bags and am loving my clear crossbody! The size of the bag is what sold me because it’s big without feeling cumbersome. It easily holds my keys, wallet, sunglasses, phone, lots of snacks, a diaper and wipes, sunscreen and hand sanitizer. I wanted something that made finding the stuff I need for the boys on the go super easy and you cannot beat the visibility of a completely clear bag!
Num Num Sauce
I am fairly certain I first discovered Num Num sauce through a free sample at Whole Foods many moons ago. Somehow I forgot about it for a while there — I blame Amazon Prime food delivery + Instacart since I don’t browse at the grocery store as much — but when I popped into Whole Foods a few weeks ago, there it was! My beloved Num Num sauce! I want to describe it as BBQ sauce but it’s really not. It’s not ketchup or anything else like that either. It’s wonderfully unique and a favorite of mine for on chicken thighs. I also love it drizzled on top of roasted veggies or even ribs on the rare occasion we make ribs in our house. It’s a great staple for me to have on hand when I am out of dinner ideas because chicken + veggies + Num Num Sauce is always a winner!
Sephora‘s big spring savings event is now open to Insiders (all you have to do is sign up via email to have a free Sephora Insiders account) and since I’m not fancy enough to have “Rouge” or VIB” status, today is the first day I was able to take advantage of the savings. (I personally love my Insiders account because the selection of free gifts you get to choose from every year during your birthday month is great! This year I chose ILIA’s lip gloss + mascara mini set since my birthday is this month.) I wanted to roundup a few of my beauty favs in one place for you guys in case you’re hoping to save a little and take advantage of the sale!
- Supergoop Glow Screen (SPF 40): My favorite clean sunscreen I use on my face every day in the summer. It has a slight tint and the most beautiful finish. I wear this with nothing else on my face most days during the summer months! If you prefer a more mattefying sunscreen, Supergoop’s Unseen Sunscreen is great!
- Laura Mercier Caviar Eyeshadow Stick: The creamiest eyeshadow stick, perfect for an undone, smudgy look without the harsh line of eyeliner.
- Shiseido Eyelash Curler: My favorite for years! Does wonders to make my eyes look more awake and open.
- Benefit Goof Proof Shape and Fill Eyebrow Pencil: Once I realized my super-blonde brows could use a little help, I began using this eyebrow pencil and have never looked back. It makes it easy to fill brows in so they still look natural but just a little more defined.
- ILIA Super Serum Skin Tint (SPF 40): Give your skin a dewy look with light, buildable coverage and the added benefit of SPF protection! I love this clean beauty brand so much.
- Tarte Maracuja Juicy Lip Balm: The most nourishing lip balm and a recent TILF feature! Applies like a balm but has a beautiful, glossy finish.
- RMS Beauty “Un”Powder: My favorite super-clean setting powder. I use this when I want my makeup to last all day!
And here are the items I ordered during the sale this year that I cannot wait to try for the first time:
- Tan-Luxe The Face Illuminating Self- Tan Drops: Thank you to my always super-tan friend Cherayne for recommending these to me. She assures me I can mix this into my rosehip seed oil and awake to a freshly-tanned face. My fingers are crossed!
- Necessaire Body Exfoliator: I am planning to use this once a week before applying my sunless tanning lotion. I’ve been assured by a friend that a little bit goes a long way so a bottle should last for a long time!
- Supergoop (Re)setting Mineral Powder Sunscreen (SPF 30): I am so excited to try this genius product. You use the brush to dust your face with this powder sunscreen when you need an SPF refresh. I love the idea of this on days when I wear makeup but want to update my SPF application throughout the day.
- Lawless Conceal the Deal Foundation: I’m ordered this clean beauty favorite for days when I want more coverage. I typically prefer lighter foundations but I’m hoping this will work well and provide more coverage for events, evenings, girls’ nights, etc.
- dr. brandt Liquid Sun Shield Daily Brightening Mineral Sunscreen (SPF 50): I added this to my cart solely based on @ashleyspivey‘s recommendation because she has amazing skin and swears by it as her daily sunscreen. She swears that if you hate sunscreen this will “make you love it” and says it “makes your skin glowy and doesn’t leave a white cast.” Sign me up!
ALDI Chocolate Chip Snacking Cookies (Cookie Thins + Keto Cookies)
One of my friends is a fellow ALDI fanatic like me and we have a habit of texting each other about new ALDI finds we’ve tried and loved. A while back I texted her about Benton’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Thins because I almost inhaled the entire bag on the drive home from the store. They’ve been an ALDI staple for me ever since! Fast forward to last week and my friend texted me a pic of their new(ish) Keto chocolate chip cookies. No one in our household follows a Keto diet so I’ve passed over the Keto cookies when I’ve been at ALDI in the past but based on her glowing review, I added them to my cart earlier this week. All I can say is WOW! They have an almost melty, buttery-tasting base thanks to a combination of almond flour, coconut oil and butter and I couldn’t keep my hands out of the bag!
Easter Gift Ideas for Kids (Just in case you need any last-minute ideas for the little ones in your life!)
10 Easter Brunch Recipes (Putting this on your radar in case you’re getting a jump start on recipe planning for Easter next weekend!)