Intervals Kick My Butt

This morning I woke up and headed to the gym, determined to conquer an interval workout that I stumbled upon in my gym wristlet yesterday when I was cleaning it out.

To be totally honest, I am rarely in the mood to put myself through an interval workout, but once I’m about two minutes into the workout, I’m hit with a sense of determination and motivation to kick some booty on the treadmill.

I changed up the routine I found in my wristlet a bit and ended up spending 30 minutes on the treadmill. In the end, my workout looked like this:

30 Minute Interval Workout

Check out the two minutes at 10.0 in there! Phew!

Truth be told, the second time I ran at 10.0 for a minute, my chest felt tight and I wanted to stop 40 seconds in. I hunkered down and plowed through the last 20 seconds and completed the workout with a sense of accomplishment and some odd looks from the woman next to me who was likely wondering why I was flailing about on the treadmill like a madwoman. (In case you’re feelin’ the interval workouts, click here to see another one of my favorites!)

After my time on the treadmill was done, I completed 20 minutes of easy cardio on the elliptical while reading blogs on my phone and flipping through Runner’s World magazine.

Walk + Breakfast

A good workout deserves a good breakfast, but first I had to attend to a crazy dog that needed her morning walk.

"Let's Walk Yonder, Mama!"

The weather this morning was significantly colder than it has been in Orlando and Sadie was shivering as we completed a one-mile loop near our apartment.

"See How Feeble I Look? Tell My Mama and Convince Her to Buy Me 30 Double Cheeseburgers from McDonald's!"

When we arrived home, I was in the mood for a HOT breakfast.

Hello, Friend

Check out my new take on an old favorite!

I topped a cinnamon raisin bagel thin with muenster cheese and veggie bacon and toasted it until the cheese melted.

I am Phenomenal

Ooey Gooey

I’m beginning to think I could add anything to a cinnamon raisin and cheese bagelwich and it would be fantastic. I wonder how peanut butter would taste in this bad boy? Probably kinda weird.

I think Sadie would love it…

"Mmm. Peanut Butter."

Time to work. See ya around lunchtime!

Comments

Oh no, you should try the peanut butter on your breakfast sandwich and see what it tastes like. You never know, you may surprise your taste buds and like it!
    Sadie’s got a long tongue! Is she an honorary member of KISS?

Have you ever tried the cinnamon raisin ekekiel bread? I did for my first time this morning topped with smart balalnce butter and sliced bananas. It was amazing, I’m sure you’d love it to! Let me know if you ever try it šŸ™‚

3. Robyn says

Cracking up right now…. I totally get the look from people next to me when they’re just walking along on the treadmill and I’m completely all over the place barely staying on plowing my way through a tough interval! Glad I’m not the only one who gets these looks! I’m going to try this interval on Thursday Morning- my next cardio day!

I love intervals šŸ™‚ Time just flies when I’m doing them…and I’m typically flying OFF the treadmill- LOL!
    I was doing 10 mph sprints yesterday..or maybe Sunday, I forget- but I really thought I was going to fly off! Could you imagine?! That would be quite the interesting story šŸ˜€

5. Amelia says

A toasted cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and bananas is like my dream! I’m totally loving peanut butter and bananas right now especially when the pb is all melty and spread over vanilla yogurt with a sliced up ‘nana.

How does the veggie bacon stack up against the real thing? It just looks so fake but it’s gotta taste pretty good, right?

That’s an awesome workout! The two 10s definitely looked tough. I guess that’s the beauty of intervals, you see an end in sight and end up amazing yourself at what you can do!

I like the concept of the veggie bacon, but please tell me it tastes better than it looks?!

7. K is for Karma says

Way to be on your intervals, lady! I got into the swing of doing workouts like this for a while, but I’ve fallen off board šŸ™ Thanks for the reminder! Do you eat anything before the gym? I think I would fall of the treadmill if I attempted a workout like that without some food in my system! haha.

8. Lauren says

I love intervals, awesome job at speed 10! My favorite is fast 30 sec, slow 30 sec, with the speed increasing each time. Those kick my butt! I’ve never tried veggie bacon…what does it taste like?

9. Allie @ Healthy Balance, Healthy Life says

Ohhhh noooo (so hard!) /Ohhh yesss (so good for me and quick!) you’ve inspired me to do another interval run tonight.

10. Jessica says

I tried this veggie bacon a couple of weeks ago. OMG! So tasty!! I make two strips and chop it up finely and put in my salads like “bacon bits”. Adds texture and flavor to my sometimes lackluster salads! It is amazing with my cottage cheese dressing (mix 1/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese with 2 tbsp of fat free Italian dressing)!

Great workout. I’m pretty sure I would DIE doing a 10 mph pace. Kudos to you though. I can just imagine you on the treadmill giving it all you got. Very inspiring : )

Also, you have a cute dog. That is all.
    Dana : )

I have a love/hate relationship with interval workouts!
    I love how I feel afterwards, but I hate the thought of them!
    I have to be in the right frame of mind to do them…which is rarely! Really should try harder…:/
    Breakfast looks awesome, as usual! šŸ˜›

13. Michelle @ Give Me the Almond Butter says

Intervals are such a fantastic workout, especially in a short amount of time. I need to get my butt doing those again.

14. Gill (snaxandthecity) says

Love intervals! Have you ever tried Tabata? The premise is you’re only supposed to be able to do FOUR MINS! which is crazy. i usually do 20-25 mins on different machines, it goes really quickly!

Love interval training! Makes the workout go by really fast and burns a zillion calories!!!

Your breakfast looks delicious! Peanut butter on cinnamon raisin anything rocks! Try it, you won’t be disappointed šŸ™‚

I really need to try this interval training business… i always steer away from the treadmill because i just have never enjoyed treadmill running before. I’m thinking intervals though would not be boring… at all. Have you always been a fan of interval training? Or did you have to take some time to get into it?

BTW, cinnamon rasien bagelthings= LOVE!! bought some last week!

I’m a HUGE fan of interval workouts. Love that one you did! I’ll definitely be adding it to my stack of workouts. Thanks for sharing!

And that breakfast looks delicious!