Locked Out

As I was going to bed last night, I worried that waking up in the 5 a.m. hour would feel like waking up in the 4 a.m. hour thanks to the time change. I don’t know if I pumped myself up beforehand or what, but when the alarm went off this morning, I got movin’ pretty quickly!

I figured I would feel sluggish, but I think I was more motivated to get to the gym because I knew I had a cardio buddy today!

I am lovin’ that Ryan is trying to incorporate more cardio into his workouts because he sure does make my time on the treadmill or the elliptical fly by!

This morning, before my usual BodyPump class, Ryan and I did 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and chatted about the week ahead.

BodyPump was only okay today. We did an older release that felt pretty easy, but that wasn’t a bad thing because my triceps and shoulders are still sore from Saturday’s TRX workout!

Locked Out

After the gym, it was time for Sadie’s walk. We left on our walk after packing my lunch and saying goodbye to Ryan. The chilly weather has apparently decided to stick around for a while, so we walked briskly to keep warm.

After a quick 20 minute walk, we arrived home. When I went to reach for my keys, they weren’t in my pocket! We were officially locked out.

Someone didn’t seem to mind…

2011-03-14_08-06-07_865

Sadie and I entertained ourselves in the backyard with several rounds of fetch while poor Ryan left work and battled traffic to come let us inside.

Once he arrived, I dashed upstairs to quickly shower.

By the time my shower was over, I was more than ready for breakfast.

On today’s menu was baked pumpkin oatmeal topped with chia seeds that I made last night using Katie’s recipe. I crumbled it up and served it with a sliced nectarine on top of vanilla Greek yogurt.

IMG_6332

IMG_6327

I loved all the different textures and flavors in this bowl!

IMG_6330

I’m off to rush to work. I’m a little behind today due to the lock out, so off I go!

See ya at lunch!

Comments

I’ve been meaning to try that baked oatmeal, but I don’t really have anything appropriate to bake it in since it’s such a small size. Think I can double/triple the recipe and bake it in an 8inch cake pan?

It’s so beautiful, Julie! Do you know how much you made my day with this post and the one the other day? I can’t even tell you!

Also, I love your idea to add chia seeds. I keep trying to put them into my diet, but chia pudding just seems weird to me.

Hope you’re having a wonderful Monday. You’ve certainly made mine wonderful!

Oh, and Sadie makes me smile every time I see her face. If only we humans could always look at problems through a dog’s eyes. “Locked out? No worries; it just means more playtime!”

I’ve locked myself out more than once! It can really throw off your day!!
    I saw that recipe on Katie’s blog….but you just convinced me to make it!! Love pumpkin!

I neeeed to get a ramekin so I can make that baked oatmeal!

I HATE being locked out. The worst is when I lock my keys in my car (this has happened to me 4x lol) — I only have one key to my car so I have to wait for someone to come pop out my window.

i locked myself IN my room one time without a phone. It was disastrous and involved my manly neighbor’s hammer and my roommate’s acrobatic skills to get me out.

6. Emily says

Mortifying…once when I was…eh 17ish…I was babysitting down the road and we decided to go to the park and once we got back….we were locked out. Checked every door, window, heck I almost tried to dig a whole to get into the basement. But alas, I had to make the call to their parents letting them know that I indeed locked myself and their 2 kids out of the houe. Lovely

That looks great! I’m sorry you got locked out of the house this morning. I’m glad that Ryan was able to come and help you and Sadie! :) I hope your day gets better!

Julie, where do you buy your chia seeds? I have looked eeevveerywhere and can’t seem to find them!

have all the chia seeds in the world evaded Virginia Beach? waaah!

p.s. I am the queen of lockouts. which is why I have a little baby lockbox with a keycode incase I forget my key… again. ;)

9. Claire says

Hi PB Fingers-
    A relative of mine posted your blog on National PB Day to her facebook…and as a Skippy Nautral PB lover…I instantly clicked! Let me just say…your blog rocks! Not only am I an avid exercise enthusiast (mornings as well), but I LOVE cooking new/exciting things. I thought I would let you know I have done two of the workouts you have posted, and let me just say…HELLO METABOLISM INCREASE! It’s nice to have inspiration though others, and that you are! I also have been making the green smoothies…and I don’t know why I didn’t start doing this sooner! Thanks for all the great posts, and keep up the good work!

Morning!

Wish I was as motivated as you are to get my butt out of bed, but your breakfast looks ahhhhmaaazing! Nectarines are by far one of my favorite fruits. I cannot wait until nectarine season officially starts!

That picture of Sadie is so cute! It is so much easier to get out of bed when you know you have someone that is going to work out with you. That alone is a motivational factor for me!

We had identical workouts this morning, and what’s even funnier is that my instructor used an old release too and it wasn’t a great class. Weird, right? Hopefully that doesn’t mean I’m going to lock myself out today too…

Hope you have a great day!

13. Caree @ Fit-Mama says

I wish I was able to jump outta bed that quick this morning! I was definitely more sluggish than usual!

I hate being locked outta the house! atleast you had someone to keep you company! ;)

14. Kelsey says

Love your blog!! Read it every day- your positive energy is always so nice to start the day off. I don’t know what it is about this month but I’ve locked my keys in my car three times already- and I never do that! Hope the rest of your Monday is going well- BACHELOR FINALE tonight!!

I got locked IN the bathroom at my grandmother’s house on Christmas Day when the entire family was there — the door knob is old and sticky and I just couldn’t get it open!! My uncle had to take the door apart to get me out, since we couldn’t get the window open either! Mortifying.