Brunch Sliders

Good morning!

Ever since we awoke this morning, things in our house have been go-go-go! Ryan and I started off the day with a quick one-mile walk with Sadie before running to the grocery store to pick up some goodies and our food for the week.

While at the grocery store, we nabbed a few packages of King’s Hawaiian original sweet rolls that I was able to sample through Foodbuzz’s Tastemaker program.

IMG_0627

Ryan and I are actually huge fans of these slightly sweet rolls and I jumped at the opportunity to sample them again when I had the chance.

We picked up several packages because we planned to use the rolls to make brunch sliders featuring fruit and peanut butter (rather than the traditional hamburger sliders) to bring to a brunch at our friends’ house this morning.

Ryan and I brainstormed six different mini sandwiches that we thought would be appropriate for a brunch and would transport well in the car and got to work.

IMG_0643

In the end, we created the following combinations:

IMG_0630

Peanut butter with banana slices and pumpkin pie spice.

IMG_0631

Strawberry cream cheese with fresh strawberries.

IMG_0633

Peanut butter topped with Cocoa Krispies.

IMG_0635

Strawberry cream cheese topped with banana and kiwi.

IMG_0638

Strawberry cream cheese with banana slices and brown sugar.

IMG_0644

Of course a few sliders were consumed while we prepped the mini sandwiches. Ryan said his favorite was the banana with peanut butter combination while I preferred the strawberry cream cheese with banana and brown sugar slider.

Hopefully our friends will like them as well! Smile

Gotta go!

Comments

These look amazing, and super easy to make. Definitely screams out “laid back spring brunch”!

Hmm… the strawberry cream cheese/banana/brown sugar looks dellllllish…

OMG those are like the cutest things I’ve ever seen. Where do you two come up with this?! Love the cocoa krispies one.

I’m a huge fan of the sweet rolls too. They also have them in bread bowl form. I like the sweet bread bowls with spinach dip. It’s always a huge crowd pleaser at parties πŸ™‚

Those are so cute….and I bet they’re tasty too!!! πŸ˜€
    We love king’s hawaiian sweet rolls!!!! Always get some when we’re in the states!

4. Kimberley says

These are adorable and look delicious!

I would be diving into the peanut butter with banana and pumpkin spice ! yumm! Let us know how they turned out at brunch πŸ™‚

wow..creative stuff

I think for me I would try to do a coconut jam + dried pineapple combo. King’s Hawaiian just reminds me all things Hawaii and tropical.

They have a restaurant here and their bakery is always packed. Food is good too, but the bakery is what drives the business in.

6. Kelly says

What a cute idea! I gotta admit, when I saw the cocoa krispie slider from afar I thought it was BBQ! “One of these things is not like the other…..!”

7. Sherri says

Those look amazing! I saw sliders at my local grocery store the other day that are like mini whole wheat sandwich thins… you’ve inspired me – I might just have to host a brunch sometime SOON!

• says

i randomly came up with them! at first i planned to do all sorts of brunch sliders w/ egg, cheese, etc., but i wasn’t sure how they’d hold up in the car and just sitting out so i figured pb & cream cheese would work well!

At first glance I thought the one with cocoa krispies was pulled pork and I was wondering how it ended up with all the strawberry cream cheese and sliced bananas. Then I started thinking of the Friends episode when Rachel inadvertently made a trifle with ladyfingers, whipped cream and ground beef. Ew.

Needless to say, your sweet little combos sound a lot better!!

Yummy! Those look delish! Hawaiian Rolls were made in the town I grew up in (Torrance, CA) and they have a bakery/resturant that is sooo good. We use to always get our birthday cakes from there. I hope you enjoy your brunch!

Great combos. I was honestly expecting some greasy meat with melted cheese and sauteed onions but these look terrific. Nice picture taking as well!

Wow, crazy coincidence–my family was just talking about these rolls at breakfast yesterday! We were having a debate about what roll makes the best breakfast sandwiches and my dad voted for these. I said he couldn’t because he’d never actually used one for breakfast! πŸ™‚

12. Mimi says

Oh man, those all look so delish! I love the idea of kiwi + banana + strawberry cream cheese, but I probably would have liked the one with brown sugar the best! (:

Strawberry cream cheese with kiwi – what an interesting combo! I love Hawaiian sweet bread. Here in Hawaii we also have Taro bread. It’s made with Taro root so it’s blueish purple and it is really tasty!

14. Silvia Lopez says

Just visited your blog. I loved it. Just bookmarked it. You’re so sweet and nice and your recipes are delish especially the sliders! πŸ™‚

For brunches like this, you also could try to roll small pieces of chesse into different spieces like a square of chesse into dill or parley or paprika and then stick it into a toothpick.

It has to be a firmer chesse!

16. Amber K says

Back when I could eat those rolls I LOVED them with cheese. So delicious. I can’t imagine them with sweet things for some reason. I know they are sweeter than regular rolls, but I still picture them as rolls you can make mini savory sandwiches.

Hope you had a fun time with your friends!

17. Mallory says

I just made these this morning for a carry-in at my work. They were a huge success; only lasted about an hour! I also made some Nutella ones. πŸ™‚
    Thank you!