Hit the Road, Jack

Ryan and I hit the ground running this morning!

My workout totally flew by because all I was thinking was, “Get in, get out, get to HOTLANTA!” Atlanta here we cooome!

Our time at the gym began with 20 minutes of cardio. I completed this 20-minute treadmill workout:

Minutes Incline Speed
0 – 4 8.0 4.0
4 – 5 2.0 4.0
5 – 15 2.0 Alternate 8.0 for one minute, 4.0 for one minute
15 – 20 2.5 Alternate 8.0 for one minute, 4.0 for one minute

Once I was nice and warm, I headed into the weight room to complete a total body weights routine very similar to this one.

And then it was time to get  crack-a-lackin’.

Since I detest packing, I packed half of my clothes last night and threw together my remaining outfits, toiletries and accessories this morning. Let’s hope I remembered everything… like my underwear.

Breakfast this morning included his and hers smoothies – to go! We served them up in solo cups (ah, college memories…) and I’m inhaling mine as I type and plan to take it on the road with me in un momento.

packing for atlanta 006

In the mix:

• 1 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 c. strawberry banana Greek yogurt
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Loved this smoothie! It was very ice-creamy.

Hit the Road, Jack

Now that our bags are fully packed…

packing for atlanta 004

And we have adequate entertainment in tow…

packing for atlanta 002

(All Ryan’s choices. Winking smile Don’t make fun of my love for Babe.)

… I think we’re ready!

I’m out, girl scout! Stay tuned for an afternoon guest post from one of my all-time favorite bloggers. See ya later… from Georgia!

P.S. The Fashion page was updated!

Comments

Not gonna lie…that smoothie looks like a cup o’ frothy beer…or maybe that’s just the post-college student in me? 😉

Enjoy your trip and hope you have your undies! If not, you can always use that as an excuse to go on a Victoria’s Secret shopping spree!

Happy travels!
    Meg

How fun…Hotlanta! 🙂

Way to rock your workout before leaving town…it always feels so much better when you are able to squeeze in a workout before a trip!!

Have a great trip!

3. Rachel says

Hope you have fun in GA, my home state! You will have a ton of fun at the aquarium I’m sure. 🙂 Can’t wait to see where you’re staying and what you eat!

I recommend R. Thomas for amazing healthy and delicious 24/hr dining. They’re located on Peachtree St across the street from an AMAZING cafe and dessert place that you can’t miss – Intermezzo. They have the most delicious cakes!!! They’re also open late. Enjoy Atlanta!

4. jen @ taste life says

Since I’m not making fun of you for bringing Babe, can I make fun of you for bringing Newlyweds? 🙂

I actually used to love that show! I forget it existed!

Have a great time in Atlanta. I’ve been to that aquarium and the tank your diving in is AMAZING!!!

I’ve noticed that your cardio workouts have been pretty intense lately!! Love seeing them! Changing up the speeds regularly is the only way to go! Keeps things interested and time flying!

Hope you have a great time in HOTLANTA!

6. Paige says

Solo cups always remind me of watching Laguna Beach AND of college in general. Oh memories.

How do you watch movies on a road trip? Laptop? Or do you secretly drive a minivan with built-in DVD player? 😉

7. Jillian says

Haha I agree it does look like frothy beer! I live in Hotlanta — hopefully the rain will hold off for you this weekend. Make sure you eat out a lot — amazing restaurants! If you need a brunch spot, may I suggest West Egg or Urban Pl8 on the west side of Atlanta! HAVE FUN 🙂

8. Lauren says

Ahhh I used to love Newlyweds!!! I worried it would be bad luck to watch them now that they’re divorced..but maybe you’re on to something… Nick is too damn cute 😉

9. Lisa says

Enjoy Atlanta. I was watching Mamma Mia clips on you tube last night. Love that movie. Glad to see someone else who loves her Vera Bradley. I have that same travel bag although the print is actually the print that is on either your sunglass case or wallet (hard to tell from the picture). I’m a Vera junky. Way too many travel bags and purses. Can’t wait to hear about your trip.

10. Lee @ in the pink of condition says

I have the same exact Vera Bradley travel bag, but it’s in pink! We are like twins 🙂

11. Yolie @ Practising Wellness says

Have a safe and fun trip, Julie! Looks like you are all set to go with the entertainment. Don’t worry, I love Babe too…especially the hilarious bird that thinks it’s a cockerel. So cute! 🙂 “Now Pig” 😉
    That smoothie looks so refreshing and creamy…mmm…Take care! xyx

12. Jamie says

Hey Julie!
    I have just recently got hooked on your blog! You and the Hubby are so precious and motivate me to get my butt to the gym! Random question ALERT….. What brand of protein powder do you use?? And does the Hubs use the same one as you or no???
    Thanks,
    Jamie

Have you tried mouse traps? We had a pesky little mouse who had the courage to show his face while I was cooking in the kitchen! But once we set this trap http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/productdetails.aspx?sku=998014764&source=GoogleBase with canned salmon on top of the little cheese part, we had caught him within an hour. We weren’t psyched on using traps but it had gotten to be way too intrusive. Good Luck, maybe it can make your next couple of months more enjoyable.

14. Amelia says

I read your blog almost daily and I live in the fair city of Atlanta, have fun! I agree with the recommendation for Two Urban Licks, I have 2 friends that work there and it is fantastic! JCT Kitchen is also good. If you need a popsicle, find King of Pops on twitter and track his stand down, you won’t regret it!

I also own Newlyweds, total guilty pleasure! My husband and I will randomly quote it and then groan at our insanity, lol. But c’mon, he loves my stinky a** 😉

16. Aimoree says

Ooh, have fun in Atlanta! I actually used to live in Alabama back when I was in elementary school (I live in Colorado now), and going to Atlanta was the coolest/funnest/hippest thing to do! Have fun, say hi to the whale sharks for me! ;-D

17. Shayla says

Haha omg I thought I was the only one that still watched and loves Newlyweds!! That’s pretty impressive Ryan enjoys it too, but hubby wouldn’t so much 😉

Btw, I wanted to let you know that inspiration from you, Courtney at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life and many other bloggers, inspired me to start a blog! I’ve been reading blogs for about 3 years now and I don’t know why it’s taken me so long….I love it so far and I’m really enjoying this new hobby of mine, thanks Julie! 🙂

18. Stacie says

Hahahahha….and I thought I was the only one left that still watched Newlyweds on DVD years after they got divorced!!

I’m obsessed with Babe! Ever since it first came out, I’ve loved it. And now that I have a dog that’s part Border Collie, I love it even more.

I even have my coworkers say “That’ll do pig. That’ll do.” in normal conversations.

20. Erin says

I recently was cleaning out my room and found my season of Newlyweds!! I watched it and it made me sad because how cute they use to be!! Don’t you wish they were still together?? They provide so much entertainment!

21. Kate says

I think I am going to have to bring out my Newlyweds DVD tomorrow, haven’t watched for ages, gosh I wish they were still together! Ooh and I just froze my first banana to make your smoothie in the morning, can’t wait to try it 🙂