Hit the Road, Jack

Ryan and I hit the ground running this morning!

My workout totally flew by because all I was thinking was, “Get in, get out, get to HOTLANTA!” Atlanta here we cooome!

Our time at the gym began with 20 minutes of cardio. I completed this 20-minute treadmill workout:

Minutes Incline Speed
0 – 4 8.0 4.0
4 – 5 2.0 4.0
5 – 15 2.0 Alternate 8.0 for one minute, 4.0 for one minute
15 – 20 2.5 Alternate 8.0 for one minute, 4.0 for one minute

Once I was nice and warm, I headed into the weight room to complete a total body weights routine very similar to this one.

And then it was time to get  crack-a-lackin’.

Since I detest packing, I packed half of my clothes last night and threw together my remaining outfits, toiletries and accessories this morning. Let’s hope I remembered everything… like my underwear.

Breakfast this morning included his and hers smoothies – to go! We served them up in solo cups (ah, college memories…) and I’m inhaling mine as I type and plan to take it on the road with me in un momento.

packing for atlanta 006

In the mix:

• 1 c. milk
  • 1 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 c. strawberry banana Greek yogurt
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder

Loved this smoothie! It was very ice-creamy.

Hit the Road, Jack

Now that our bags are fully packed…

packing for atlanta 004

And we have adequate entertainment in tow…

packing for atlanta 002

(All Ryan’s choices. Winking smile Don’t make fun of my love for Babe.)

… I think we’re ready!

I’m out, girl scout! Stay tuned for an afternoon guest post from one of my all-time favorite bloggers. See ya later… from Georgia!

P.S. The Fashion page was updated!

Comments

I also own Newlyweds, total guilty pleasure! My husband and I will randomly quote it and then groan at our insanity, lol. But c’mon, he loves my stinky a** ;)

2. Aimoree says

Ooh, have fun in Atlanta! I actually used to live in Alabama back when I was in elementary school (I live in Colorado now), and going to Atlanta was the coolest/funnest/hippest thing to do! Have fun, say hi to the whale sharks for me! ;-D

3. Shayla says

Haha omg I thought I was the only one that still watched and loves Newlyweds!! That’s pretty impressive Ryan enjoys it too, but hubby wouldn’t so much ;)

Btw, I wanted to let you know that inspiration from you, Courtney at Sweet Tooth Sweet Life and many other bloggers, inspired me to start a blog! I’ve been reading blogs for about 3 years now and I don’t know why it’s taken me so long….I love it so far and I’m really enjoying this new hobby of mine, thanks Julie! :)

4. Stacie says

Hahahahha….and I thought I was the only one left that still watched Newlyweds on DVD years after they got divorced!!

I’m obsessed with Babe! Ever since it first came out, I’ve loved it. And now that I have a dog that’s part Border Collie, I love it even more.

I even have my coworkers say “That’ll do pig. That’ll do.” in normal conversations.

6. Erin says

I recently was cleaning out my room and found my season of Newlyweds!! I watched it and it made me sad because how cute they use to be!! Don’t you wish they were still together?? They provide so much entertainment!

7. Kate says

I think I am going to have to bring out my Newlyweds DVD tomorrow, haven’t watched for ages, gosh I wish they were still together! Ooh and I just froze my first banana to make your smoothie in the morning, can’t wait to try it :)