Well, in the words of my boy Nelly, things got a little hot in here this morning and the end result was a hot bowl of high protein breakfast quinoa.
I got the idea for this breakfast on Saturday after I made myself a hot bowl of steel cut oats with egg whites. I figured I could prepare quinoa in a similar way and make a delicious hot breakfast cereal that would keep me full for hours.
The end result was a beautiful, beautiful thing.
High Protein Breakfast Quinoa
- 1/2 cup quinoa (I love Feed Adam quinoa)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2 percent)
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- Combine quinoa, milk, mashed banana, cinnamon and egg whites in a pan on medium heat.
- Increase heat to medium high and, stirring constantly, allow mixture to thicken (approximately 10 minutes)
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in protein powder
- Divide quinoa into two bowls and enjoy
I had the idea to stir in a spoonful of peanut butter after I finished my bowl. Next time!
I got a little excited to share my breakfast with you this morning, so let’s back up a bit to cover today’s workout.
When Ryan and I arrived at the gym, I hopped on a treadmill and completed the following 30-minute treadmill run/walk interval workout:
Intervals have a way of making time on the treadmill pass by quickly, so you know I’m a fan!
Hope your Thursday is off to a good start!