Vanilla Walnut Overnight Oats

Is there an easier breakfast out there than overnight oats?

Well, maybe grabbing a granola bar or something, but a batch of overnight oats is definitely more filling and delicious!

Overnight Oats with Almond Milk

I love experimenting with various flavors and textures in my overnight oats. Adding different spices, fresh fruits and nuts can make a boring batch of overnight oats ten times more delicious.

Sometimes playing around with different flavor combinations in the kitchen pays off and results in a pretty fabulous creation.

That was the case with this batch of vanilla walnut overnight oats. The nutty flavor of Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla paired perfectly with cinnamon and walnuts to make a comforting bowl of overnight oats with 15 grams of protein to help keep me full for hours.

Overnight Oats Recipe

I didn’t add any additional sugar outside of the vanilla Greek yogurt and since the unsweetened vanilla almond milk is lower in sugar than skim milk, this bowl of overnight oats has only 8 grams of sugar. Feel free to top the oats with a bit of honey or brown sugar if you like your overnight oats a little sweeter!

Vanilla Walnut Overnight Oats

Makes 2 servings (or one very large serving)

Ingredients:

• 1 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 6-ounce container vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened Vanilla
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts

Directions:

• Combine oats, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, 1/2 cup of almond milk and cinnamon. Stir together, cover and allow oats to sit in the refrigerator overnight.
  • In the morning, add two tablespoons almond milk to oats and stir.
  • Top with chopped walnuts and additional toppings (if desired) and enjoy.

Vanilla Walnut Overnight Oats

Enjoy!

Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories – 287, Fat – 10g, Saturated Fat – 1g, Cholesterol – 0g, Sodium – 96mg, Carbohydrates – 36g, Fiber – 7g, Sugars – 8g, Protein – 15g

overnight oats

This post is part of a sponsored campaign with Silk and Fitfluential, LLC. All opinions expressed are my own. Learn more about Silk Pure Almond Unsweetened on Facebook and Twitter.

Comments

Yum! I still am not as much of a cold oat eater but I’ve found that adding a little extra liquid and heating up on the stove really speeds up the process. Since the oats softened already from the overnight soaking, you don’t have to take the 10-20min of cooking time in the morning. Quick and I get my piping hot bowl. 🙂

Okay, so I’ve seen your recipes for the overnight oats, and I’ve even bought all of the necessary ingredients. But I just can’t bring myself to make them because I’m a little worried about if I’ll like eating oats cold! Silly, I know… I love vanilla and walnut though, and those raspberries look delish. Maybe tonight’s my night?

They look delicious (& I love the taste of overnight oats), but I find that overnight oats & just oats in general don’t leave me full… I end up right back in the kitchen an hour or two later. Great looking recipe though! 🙂

Mmm, that sounds like a delicious combination. I’ve recently become a huge fan of adding raspberries to things. I buy a bag of frozen rasps almost every week. My FAVORITE recipe with them (so far!) is my Raspberry Truffle Protein Shake. YUM!

I was just telling someone last night about overnight oats and all the options. I sent her a few ideas, but will have to link her here. I think she’ll love this one!

6. Brianna says

I am not a fan of normal or instant oatmeal hot (even with brown sugar and other stuff) but I tried your regular overnight oats tutorial Monday and loved them. Left me so full and with banana and cinnamon it was perfect! Can’t wait to try this version.

Btw found your blog through pinterest and it is fantastic!

This sounds incredible! Overnight oats aren’t super appealing to me this time of year (it was 10 degrees outside yesterday when I woke up, after all), but I’m all about overnight oats during the warmer months, and vanilla + walnuts sounds like a fantastic combo!

8. Kelly says

Looks fantastic!! I too may have to venture out of my comfort zone & try these 🙂

I was wondering, Julie… do you think you could find the time to put together a post on how to maintain a balanced lifestyle? I find you so completely inspirational & I don’t think I am the only woman who has a past involving eating disorders & calorie counting/obsession. I have to be honest, your blog was a huge source of inspiration in my time of ‘recovery’ — it helped me to learn that a healthy life is all about balance & to get rid of strict all-or-nothing rules.

I love reading your blog every day & will continue to do so — just thought a post on balancing it all would help me & many others 🙂

Have a great day!

So, this is completely random and unrelated to your post in anyway….buuuuuut I just remembered that The Bachelor starts on Monday night….will you be watching this season?!?!

Oats are definitely way more satisfying than a granola bar – I actually can’t believe that I went through a phase of only grabbing some sort of bar for breakfast… I really don’t think I’d be able to do that anymore without feeling like I was going to gnaw my arm off an hour later.

11. Lillian says

I’m jealous of your breakfast but inspired to do something other than cut up a banana in my cheerios this morning. Thank you for posting your yummy noms for the rest of us!

12. ct cupcke says

wait, you eat cold oatmeal?! Isn’t that a bit gummy in texture? Love oatmeal, doctored up with some peanut butter and will take the extra minute to microwave the oats.

13. Kira says

Could I replace chia seeds with flax seeds? Are they kinda similar? I don’t really know much about them but I do know that chia seeds are so darn expensive where I live! $12 a pound! Crazy!

I love Silk unsweetened! I avoid dairy for the most part, so I wish I could find a good substitute for the greek yougurt in overnight oats. I dont really like soy yogurt mainly since there isn’t much protein!

15. Audrey Adams says

I need to go grab some chia seeds to make overnight oats again! AH! These look tasty though! Love that its low in sugar and full of protein!

These look delicious-Almond Milk is my favorite! Even better that it has a great amount of protein to get me through the morning! I can’t wait to try these 🙂

Really great! Nice work and love the pics! I also am a FFA and wasn’t this so much FUN!
    Congrats and I can’t wait to try this. YUM!!
    I never meet an overnight oats that I did not love!
    Nice to meet you too. 😉

18. Nicole says

Yum!!! I just started making overnight oats. We love them. I do have a quick question. Do you ever use ground chia seeds instead of the whole seed.