Sweat It Out Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout

This morning I needed to change things up at the gym. I was in a restless mood and after 20 minutes on the elliptical, I was ready to complete a circuit workout that kept things moving.

Today’s circuit targeted my core and incorporated a lot of plyometric exercises that got my heart rate up fast.

Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout

Oh heeey burning abs!

I did each mini circuit three times through. That did the trick!

It was rather rainy outside when I went to make myself breakfast this morning, so I figured a pretty smoothie would be a good way to counteract the dreary day.

strawberry smoothie

Into the blender went:

• 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 spoonful cashew butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • Enough almond milk to get everything moving

The strawberries dominated the flavor (and color) of this smoothie and that was fine by me. Love ‘em!

Speaking of strawberries, are any of my Florida friends out there planning to attend the Florida Strawberry Festival this year? Ryan and I went a couple of years ago and had berry good time.

Florida Strawberry Festival strawberry shortcake

In addition to lots of fun concerts and carnival rides, the festival also has some ridiculous food. We’re talking fried Twinkies, fried Oreos, fried Reese’s, doughnut burgers and more. If you want to clog your arteries, it’s pretty much the place to be.

February Book Club

With 39.25% of the vote, the winning book for the February PBF Book Club is…

blackberry winter sarah jio

Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio! We will be discussing this book on the blog on Tuesday, March 5.

Question of the Morning

• Is there a festival or big outdoor event in your area that you look forward to attending every year?

Though it isn’t a festival, when we lived in Orlando, Ryan and I looked forward to attending the Baldwin Park Doggie Derby every year. If you’re a dog lover and live near Orlando, you have to go. It is so much fun! Sadie won one year and made us a little too proud. And that’s the last trophy that the Fagan family has earned. Ryan and I clearly need to step up our game.

Comments

1. Chelsea Brant says

Very ready to start the book for your bookclub! it looked interesting when you were describing it! My family lives in Seattle Washington! Gonna go get the book today!

That workout looks awesome! I just pinned it and hopefully will fit it in this afternoon when I’m done with class! Not sure if there are any festivals in particular I’m looking forward too, there are always a ton of street fairs here in Chicago during the summer, everyone is just craving to get outside after the long winter!

Hold the phone. Doughnut… BURGERS?! That just sounds nasty haha but kind of intriguing at the same time. I think I’d stick with the fried oreos and the strawberry bowl that you’re eating and looks delicious! That’s a great core workout. I sometimes get bored with the one we follow for track.

That smoothie looks delish, I need to start making more smoothies! When I was in college, the town it was in held a festival called Corn Fest. I saw Lady Antebellum there, and the festival was free! They also had the best corn dogs ever!!

5. Laurel says

Oviedo has Great Day in the Country. It is held in November right before Thanksgiving. Tons of crafts, food and entertainment. We’ve gone since I was a kid and I always try and find unique, handmade little gifts when I’m there 🙂

6. Katie C says

I just moved to Boston, and I found out around Christmas that there is a marshmallow fluff factory near me. Every autumn, they have the Fluff Festival. They have a fluff cooking contest and marshmallow shooter that they hand out to all the kids. I haven’t decided if I want to check it out or stay as far away as possible!

Such a pretty smoothie! I need to buy some strawberries again… It looks like they’re slowly but surely making their appearance in grocery stores again.
    Every May we have an event called “Living Traditions” in downtown SLC, and it’s basically a big cultural fair with tons of different tents with various ethnic foods that you can sample. It’s so fun and SO delicious!

One thing I love about my city and makes dealing with the long winter a little more manageable, is the fact that we have a good amount of festivals here in the summer. From street performers, heritage festivals, and carnivals, it seems like there’s always something going on. Now if only summer would get here quick…

9. Katee says

Blackberry Winter is SO good! A little predictable after a certain point, but it’s a really nice read.

We have some lovely festivals I like to attend here in Delaware. How about the Apple Scrapple Festival? Or Punkin’ Chunkin? Definitely must sees if you’re anywhere within a couple hours drive of my lil ole state.

I don’t think there are any festivals or big events that I’m looking forward too but I usually go to a few when the weather is nice! I’m sure when those days get closer I’ll hear about them.

I HATE all the nasty fried food at the fairs. They just aren’t good! lol. I always go for freshly made kettle corn. It’s just amazing!

Definitely going to make it to the Strawberry Festival this year 😀 And that cardio & abs workout looks so great, I’ll be putting that one on my to-do list this week/weekend.

There’s about 2093482 street fests every weekend in during the summer in Chicago, which is easily one of the best parts about being in the city during the summer. I went to a couple last year and they were a great time! Taste of Lincoln Ave. was definitely my favorite, but that was mostly because they had a couple of my favorite bands playing and I was able to get in for super cheap!

There are quite a few festivals here in the summer that I have been meaning to go to but keep forgetting about. I really want to attend the Cherry Blossom Festival in SF Japantown. Haven’t done that one in years. Always look forward to Oktoberfest 😀

Must go hit up the book store to get the book 🙂 Yay. This will be my first book club!

O the doggie derby sounds like a ton of fun. I’m going to look into if there’s something like that in the SF Bay Area for our little doggie. Though, I’m guessing our little bundle of joy might not win any awards unless snuggling, twirling, and absolute utter cuteness are categories. 😉

That definitely sounds abtastic! Yowch, bicycle crunches always kick me butt. Fried twinkies/oreos/reeses??? Holy cow! We have a fair not far from where I live – Puyallup Fair. Last year, we went and they had FRIED BUTTER!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! And then they buried it in powdered sugar. My arteries clogged a little just walking past the booth!

16. tam says

Love all the workouts you create, such a help in deciding what to do at the gym! I’ve even copied them all into a handy word document! Thanks Julie x

We LOVE the Greek Festival in San Luis Obispo and the Lodi Grape/Wine Festival as well. We just moved to a new place and are looking forward to some new place to check out here, we live so close to the fairgrounds!

We go to Sasquatch, a music festival in Washington every year. 🙂 It’s four days long in the Gorge – which is beautiful – and just chalk full of music and comedy and thousands of people. It’s awesome.

Thanks for the workout! I know what will I be doing tomorrow morning!
    About festivites: Cologne Karneval starts tomorrow morning! A lot of costumed drunkards singing old German songs and waving their beers in the rythm. Including about 1.2 milon tourists!
    If you can’t win them, you gotta join them! 🙂

The Lilac Festival in Rochester, NY!! It’s a 10 day fest and it’s one of, if not the oldest (if my memory serves me correctly) festival in North America…started way back in the 1800’s. There are 1000’s of lilac bushes, tulips, food, vendors, art, thousand’s of people and tons of fun!! Not to mention it smells divine!!

21. Jen N says

I live near Saratoga Springs, NY and this past weekend was Chowderfest! It was my first time going (15th year of Chowderfest) and it was awesome! Almost all of the restaurants in Saratoga participated and for a $1 per sample, you could try as many as you wanted. We spent $9 on samples (including dessert chowder) and had a great time! I look forward to next year.

22. Pam Cook says

I live in between Asheville and Hendersonville North Carolina and we have an Apple Festivle every year in September. There are tons of craft booths (my Mom makes pottery so we have a booth), all the good but bad for you fair food, lots of apples and food made from apples. My favorite is the apple pie ice cream. Also, all the stores on main st have awesome sidewalk sales. On the last day there is a parade. We go every year and love it!

23. Ariana says

I’m starting to get into blending and have been accumulating a lot of different smoothing recipes. What type of blender do you use? I have yet to invest in one and want to get some ideas of what’s good. Thanks!

oh it looks so nice outside where you are. Today I bundled up with my winter jacket and mitts. and to top it off tomorrow they are calling for a large snowfall. Enjoy some extra sun for me!

25. Marlene says

Yes, we will be visiting the Florida Strawberry Festival. I lived in Plant City as a child and we always looked forward to going. Took my kids when they were young and now I take my grandkids.
    I first started reading PB Fingers when the Florida Strawberry Festival posted a link on their FB page after you visited. Have enjoyed reading ever since.

I live in Tampa, FL and LOVE the Strawberry Festival! You HAVE to try the strawberry cookies from Parksdale Farms (if you haven’t already!) they are divine 🙂 Have you ever gone strawberry picking? My mom and I go every year, load up and then make a ton of homemade jam.
    The Florida State Fair is in town this weekend!!! Have you been? Talk about fried food frenzy, for real!

Just did your workout featured above. Absolutely amazing! The “Holy abs” has been taken to a whole new meaning hahaa!

Also, for your recipe today, what would you recommend for a cashew butter substitution? I am allergic to cashews.

Thanks a bunch!
    xx-Jonna
    pinspirable.blogspot.com

28. Krystle says

Glad to see you put up a new circuit! I’m excited to attempt this today!
    Do you usually do your burpees with our without the push up?
    Have an awesome FRIDAY!

Hi I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on
    Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here
    now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it
    and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
    keep up the superb work.

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due
    to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to
    stop hackers?

Losing fat all above your entire body demands that you do the right mix of
    strength teaching (don’t fret you will not get huge and cumbersome), a unique form of cardio referred to as interval teaching, and most critical, have a great diet program. It’s time to get down to work
    by putting the effective abdominal workout exercises
    listed below to use. This only makes you fatter in the long run, when you start to eat normal again.

Whenever we use pc, registry keys are becoming accessed.
    If applications aren’t the problem, sometimes nothing more than a reboot is necessary. Sometimes if sufficient disk space is not available, the computer may become slow.

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

But the end of the exercise your abs will likely
    be sore, and pulled fairly tightly together, indicating a good
    workout. Your workout is based on the slow rolling movements you do and
    the slow release position as you roll the machine back down.
    This motion, when done in repetition is great for the abdominal muscle area.

The person wanting to use weight training equipment and
    techniques could end up spending thousands on an at home system while the man with
    the need to just firm up his middle could spend next to nothing learning new floor exercises.
    But, like a lot of things in life, the regular crunches that we used to do in gym class need improved into a much better exercise and one that
    is overall much better for your whole system. Ab machines are another way to make your routine not only more interesting but also more efficient.