Sweat It Out Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout

This morning I needed to change things up at the gym. I was in a restless mood and after 20 minutes on the elliptical, I was ready to complete a circuit workout that kept things moving.

Today’s circuit targeted my core and incorporated a lot of plyometric exercises that got my heart rate up fast.

Cardio and Abs Circuit Workout

Oh heeey burning abs!

I did each mini circuit three times through. That did the trick!

It was rather rainy outside when I went to make myself breakfast this morning, so I figured a pretty smoothie would be a good way to counteract the dreary day.

strawberry smoothie

Into the blender went:

• 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1 spoonful cashew butter
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • Enough almond milk to get everything moving

The strawberries dominated the flavor (and color) of this smoothie and that was fine by me. Love ‘em!

Speaking of strawberries, are any of my Florida friends out there planning to attend the Florida Strawberry Festival this year? Ryan and I went a couple of years ago and had berry good time.

Florida Strawberry Festival strawberry shortcake

In addition to lots of fun concerts and carnival rides, the festival also has some ridiculous food. We’re talking fried Twinkies, fried Oreos, fried Reese’s, doughnut burgers and more. If you want to clog your arteries, it’s pretty much the place to be.

February Book Club

With 39.25% of the vote, the winning book for the February PBF Book Club is…

blackberry winter sarah jio

Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio! We will be discussing this book on the blog on Tuesday, March 5.

Question of the Morning

• Is there a festival or big outdoor event in your area that you look forward to attending every year?

Though it isn’t a festival, when we lived in Orlando, Ryan and I looked forward to attending the Baldwin Park Doggie Derby every year. If you’re a dog lover and live near Orlando, you have to go. It is so much fun! Sadie won one year and made us a little too proud. And that’s the last trophy that the Fagan family has earned. Ryan and I clearly need to step up our game.

Comments

1. Krystle says

Glad to see you put up a new circuit! I’m excited to attempt this today!
    Do you usually do your burpees with our without the push up?
    Have an awesome FRIDAY!

Hi I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on
    Bing for something else, Anyhow I am here
    now and would just like to say thanks for a marvelous
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have saved it
    and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do
    keep up the superb work.

Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due
    to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to
    stop hackers?

Losing fat all above your entire body demands that you do the right mix of
    strength teaching (don’t fret you will not get huge and cumbersome), a unique form of cardio referred to as interval teaching, and most critical, have a great diet program. It’s time to get down to work
    by putting the effective abdominal workout exercises
    listed below to use. This only makes you fatter in the long run, when you start to eat normal again.

Whenever we use pc, registry keys are becoming accessed.
    If applications aren’t the problem, sometimes nothing more than a reboot is necessary. Sometimes if sufficient disk space is not available, the computer may become slow.

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering
    if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

But the end of the exercise your abs will likely
    be sore, and pulled fairly tightly together, indicating a good
    workout. Your workout is based on the slow rolling movements you do and
    the slow release position as you roll the machine back down.
    This motion, when done in repetition is great for the abdominal muscle area.

The person wanting to use weight training equipment and
    techniques could end up spending thousands on an at home system while the man with
    the need to just firm up his middle could spend next to nothing learning new floor exercises.
    But, like a lot of things in life, the regular crunches that we used to do in gym class need improved into a much better exercise and one that
    is overall much better for your whole system. Ab machines are another way to make your routine not only more interesting but also more efficient.