Oldies But Goodies Workout Playlist

Well hello there! This morning I am in a bit of a hurry to eat, blog, pack my lunch and head out the door to the gym.

Today is a big day on the work front. I have four fitness assessments to perform on potential personal training clients and then, later this afternoon, I will be teaching my first group exercise class!

I wrote down a basic outline for the water fitness class I will be teaching last night and created a rockin’ workout playlist with lots of classic hits that I hope the class will enjoy. Thank you guys so much for your fantastic song recommendations in the comments section of yesterday’s post, on Facebook and on Twitter. Ryan and I had a little too much fun blasting throwback music from the ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s and ’80s last night. (We also had a pretty good time laughing about the songs I should try to slip into the playlist to get a rise out of everyone. Ha!)

Below you will find the playlist I created for today’s class. I hope you guys find it uplifting and energizing!

Oldies But Goodies Workout Playlist

Oldies But Goodies Workout Playlist

Eggs called to me this morning, so I made myself a breakfast sandwich with two eggs, a toasted whole wheat English muffin,  muenster cheese and avocado slices.

avocado and egg breakfast sandwich

It was delicious!

avocado slices sandwich

I’ve been eating lots of overnight oats, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and yogurt bowls with berries and homemade almond butter granola for breakfast since I’ve been packing my morning meal to take to the gym with me to eat during my early shift, so it was nice to mix it up a bit with eggs this morning.

Off to work! I hope you have a great day!

Comments

Great songs! I’m only just starting to eat eggs. They’re still not something I really like – I’d much prefer oats, granola, yogurt, nut butter, etc for breakfast – but I’m not so terrified of them anymore haha. Good luck today!

There are some gems in this playlist!

I love avocado and eggs together–it’s an awesome combination! I actually just had an egg and avocado sandwich for breakfast, too! :) Best of luck with your first class!

Good luck with your busy day! I loooove this playlist. I coach cheerleading and I always put classic rock and oldies in our routine music. At first the girls are always like, what the heck is this? And by the end of the season they are singing along with Aretha and Stevie. It’s so much better than using “today’s hits” aka every squad will have the same 3 songs in their music and I get to listen to all my fave songs over and over :)

4. Christina says

Hi Julie!!! Great playlist, would love to be in the workout class :):) Curious to know, since your morning routine has changed, has your eating schedule been hard to adjust to? Did you add ann early morning meal to eat upon waking up or do you wait until you get to work?

Hi, regular reader here:) i have a q… I’m constantly trying to lose weight (eating 1200 cals a day of 95% clean eating and exercise 4 x a week.) how many cals would you say are in your breakfast here? And how many cals u would eat if trying to lose weight?

6. Sue says

I have a really silly question. How do I get the songs from your playlist (at least some of them)? I’ve never created a playlist before. I usually just download music off of CDs onto my MP3 player (I don’t even have an IPhone, etc.). I am so computer illiterate it’s not even funny. Do you have to buy the songs you have on your playlist? Thanks for helping me out.

The thrill of the bargain is half the fun of auctions in the first quarter of the previous year.
    Many suppliers will negotiate with you for either a lower price,
    they make one large sale to a liquidator, insolvency practitioner
    or liquidation committee appointed to wind up the 140-year-old football club.

00 at a local drug store, but it came to the conclusion that the
    market for shell companies offered a preferable alternative.