Today is a big day on the work front. I have four fitness assessments to perform on potential personal training clients and then, later this afternoon, I will be teaching my first group exercise class!
I wrote down a basic outline for the water fitness class I will be teaching last night and created a rockin’ workout playlist with lots of classic hits that I hope the class will enjoy. Thank you guys so much for your fantastic song recommendations in the comments section of yesterday’s post, on Facebook and on Twitter. Ryan and I had a little too much fun blasting throwback music from the ‘50s, ‘60s, ‘70s and ’80s last night. (We also had a pretty good time laughing about the songs I should try to slip into the playlist to get a rise out of everyone. Ha!)
Below you will find the playlist I created for today’s class. I hope you guys find it uplifting and energizing!
Oldies But Goodies Workout Playlist
- Dion & The Belmonts – Runaround Sue
- The Temptations – Ain’t Too Proud to Beg
- Kenny Loggins – Danger Zone
- Stevie Wonder – Signed, Sealed, Delivered I’m Yours
- Steam – Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- Buddy Holly – Peggy Sue
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Ray Charles – Hit the Road Jack
- Michael Jackson – P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
- American Breed – Bend Me Shape Me
- Amii Stewart – Knock On Wood
- The Blues Brothers – Soul Man
- The Temptations – The Way You Do The Things You Do
- Paul Simon – You Can Call Me Al
- Aretha Franklin – Think
- Spencer Davis Group – Gimme Some Lovin’
- Elvis Presley – Jailhouse Rock
Eggs called to me this morning, so I made myself a breakfast sandwich with two eggs, a toasted whole wheat English muffin, muenster cheese and avocado slices.
It was delicious!
I’ve been eating lots of overnight oats, peanut butter and banana sandwiches and yogurt bowls with berries and homemade almond butter granola for breakfast since I’ve been packing my morning meal to take to the gym with me to eat during my early shift, so it was nice to mix it up a bit with eggs this morning.
Off to work! I hope you have a great day!