Return of Protein Pancakes

This morning marked the return of protein pancakes!

I seem to fall in and out of love with various breakfasts and will repeat similar meals over and over again for an extended period of time until something else pops up and I eat that one over and over again. Lately I’ve been loving overnight oats and egg sandwiches. Before I was on a scrambled egg and smoothie kick!

This morning I woke up in the mood for something new. I broke out my immersion blender and rounded up all the ingredients I needed for protein pancakes.

Banana Bread protein pancakes

I made a batch of my favorite banana bread protein pancakes and topped them with maple syrup.

protein pancakes with cottage cheese and oatmeal

I have a feeling lots of different protein pancakes recipes may start resurfacing on the blog soon!

Some of my favorites:

Yum!

I’m headed out the door to work the moment this blog post is published. See ya after lunch!

Question of the Morning

• You choose: Pancakes, waffles or French toast?

I love them all, but French toast is probably my favorite!

Comments

I’m the same way with breakfast, I will eat the same things for months before I have something else and do the same with that. I love my moms French toast but usually make pancakes if I’m making them at my place.

I’d go with french toast – especially loaded up with fruit and maple syrup!

When I was a college freshman, they had a make-your-own belgian waffle bar. I spent MANY mornings loading up my waffle with plump raspberries, blackberries, and waaaaaaay too much whipped cream. Definitely not health conscious then! But – it was delicious and a very fond memory I have of that year. 🙂

Oh those look yummy! Maybe I’ll try those soon! I am always skeptical of “protein pancakes” but they do look delicious!! I am a french toast girl. Pancakes are delicious, but just love cinnamon french toast more!

I love pancakes or waffles on any normal day, but when we go out for breakfast, I love getting french toast. Locally, we have a restaurant called Duluth Grill and they have an AMAZING breakfast menu! The french toast is phenomenal.

I’m definitely a french toast girl when I eat out but at home it’s english muffin with nut butter and banana. Even though I THINK about making other things, when I wake up in the morning I just want my go-to breakfast.

French toast easy peasyyyy. I am with you though on the same thing every am. I go in month long streaks of the same breakfast then one day just switch it up and eat the same thing for another few months…

7. Katherine says

Lately I have been having greek yogurt with chia seeds and slivered almonds and banana. But the protein pancake is sooo goood!!! Its one of my favorites when I want to “indulge” but still be healthy. Love it with some melted almond butter one top.

That’s so funny, I just posted about waffles and pancakes! We made some oatmeal raisin pancakes and waffles from Shortstacks and they were awesome.
    I love waffles because of their crispy edges, pancakes for their stackability and fluffiness, and French toast for its crust and richness. But I think pancakes win it for me!

9. Stephanie says

Hi! I have a question for you… Slightly off topic, but because of your fitness and health background, I thought I would get your opinion. My favorite snack in the world is nuts– usually almonds and sometimes cashews. I workout 6-7 times a week and I try and eat a very healthy diet… I worry about nuts because of their high calorie/fat content and I definitely don’t want to gain weight… I’m interested in your view. Also I would love a post about a fitness trainer’s plan for losing weight as opposed to just good workouts! Thanks!

French toast is probably my favorite too especially when it’s made on texas toast piled with powdered sugar, butter and maple syrup. So good, yet not so healthy. Good thing I don’t eat it all the time. If I did, it might lose it’s luster.

Is it possible for me to just hire you to prepare all of my meals for me? I’ve realized that I can’t look at your blog when I’m hungry because it’s just painful. 🙂

And for your question, can I choose ALL of the breakfasts?!

I LOVE your banana bread protein pancake recipe. I triple it and then put them in the freezer to pop in the toaster when I don’t have time to make breakfast. Although, I don’t know why I put them in the freezer because they never last a week. Ha!

Thanks!

I’m the same way with the breakfast phase thing. Lately I’ve been obsessed with Gina’s Cookie Dough Cereal and overnight oats. I have a feeling pancakes and hot oats will return in the fall and winter months though! I probably love waffles the best out of those three, but like you, I still love them all!

14. casie says

Definitely waffles. I like things a little crunchier, therefor i have never been drawn to eat French toast. To be honest,I can’t think of a time I have actually eaten it

I love protein pancakes!! They’re a bit harder to make when there’s no dairy or eggs involved now that I have to eliminate them…but I’m definitely a pancake girl over waffles or french toast!

16. Ruth says

Pancakes!!! Then Crepes…then French Toast, then a Waffle in a pinch but they have always struck me as too needy, all covered in whip cream and stuff. They always look like they need too much stuff to taste good. lol
    I have been in an overnight oats thing all summer. Might be time to do something different again, maybe I will switch to eggs for something totally outside my comfort zone. A sweet breakfast always wins over a savoury for me.

I find myself falling in and out of love with various breakfasts too 🙂 I gotta go with French Toast. I’m a bread girl, and the fluffier the bread, the better. I just had this amazing peaches and cream french toast on texas toast. Amazing! Not healthy but delicious.

Pancakes, definitely pancakes! Now that I’ve made protein pancakes and “banana” pancakes, real, flour-based pancakes seem so unappealing. It’s always a win when the healthy stuff tastes better, too 🙂

omg I love pancakes. I totally know what you mean about breakfast phases, I definitely go through eating the same thing for weeks at a time then not even being able to look at that food for a month or so

When it comes to breakfast, or anything really, I definitely go for savory over sweet.
    That said, I’m a waffle girl through and through. I think it’s the shape more than anything! Lol. I love breaking off the little squares for dipping 🙂 #littlekid

21. Jill says

I just remember eggos from growing up. Plain, cinnamon-raisin, blueberry, etc. Pop in toaster. Drown in maple syrup (Aunt Jemina). Then trudge to school…

I always have a tough time deciding between pancakes and french toast whenever we go out to breakfast. Usually I’ll go with french toast simply because I can easily make pancakes at home, but making a mean french toast is somewhat of an art in my opinion haha!

Hi Julie,

I have been OBSESSED with protein pancakes lately!! My husband and I just made the move from Michigan to Colorado and I’m working from home, which I love so far, but I’m on Eastern standard time which makes for long days- I used to love protein pancakes but they were too hard to do during my old work days and now they are so filling they help me not snack as much throughout the day!

Love your blog as well 🙂 thanks for the post!

Erin

24. Alicyn says

Oh, I have been wanting to try protein pancakes! Thanks for the links to your previous posts with them. And I can’t wait for any new ones. Have you ever thought of using Quark instead of cottage cheese?

I’m definitely a savory breakfast girl (even though I have a raging sweet tooth) because if I eat something sweet it doesn’t keep me full for some reason! If I had to choose, though, I’d definitely pick pancakes. Chocolate chip or banana…and I think they’re even better to make late at night than for breakfast. They’re the perfect midnight snack

Hey new reader here! I seem to get bored with the same breakfasts too, I always switch back and forth between oatmeal, eggs and pancakes etc.
    Great post!

27. Megan says

I am the same way with my breakfast, I find it hard to switch up. I usually juggle between oatmeal (recently gluten free rolled oats) and cereal (gluten free chex have been my thing this time around). Though I must say, waffles! Add some fresh fruit to that and it’s absolutely wonderful! Though, it’s a tough call between waffles and french toast.

I love waffles! I actually love topping them with cottage cheese, fresh fruit, and cinnamon! I got that idea from you a while back and instantly fell in love with the combination.

Mmm, I’m a big fan of waffles! The squares are perfect for holding yummy maple syrup in them 🙂 But I do find myself making a lot of protein pancakes. I’m addicted to both of them.

30. Jeanne says

Hi,
    I just wanted to say thank you for the recipe! I actually made these for dinner tonight and my very picky 3 and 2 year olds loved them and asked for seconds! I love sneaking protein in the wherever I can! These were a huge hit:)

31. Jennifer Dorsett says

It’s so funny, I found your blog doing a search for sweet potato pancakes using leftover sweet potato casserole from thanksgiving!

Those pancake look delicious!! Although I’ve never had pancakes for breakfast – they’re always more of a dessert treat in UK. I’m going to have to re-think this…

Lozzie