This afternoon has been both productive and lazy.
Lazy in that Ryan and I spent an hour by the pool reading magazines…
And productive in that we started packing up pictures and things around our apartment for our big move.
In the middle of the laziness and productivity, we ate!
Lunch included Asian veggie burgers with carrot sticks and bread and butter pickles.
Snack time occurred shortly after when I decided to get a jump-start on my latest freelance piece and do some recipe experimenting in the kitchen.
I present to you, cinnamon chia seed granola!
If you love the taste of cinnamon and nutmeg and the textured crunch of chia seeds, this granola will be right up your alley.
I made a small batch and between me and Ryan it was completely gone in about five minutes.
Cinnamon Chia Seed Granola
(Makes four 1/4 c. servings)
- 1 c. old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oats through nutmeg in a small bowl and stir.
- Slowing stir honey and canola oil into oat mixture until oats are adequately coated.
- Spread granola onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Let cool until oats become crunchy and enjoy!
Yet another totally addicting, totally delicious granola recipe!
Gotta get back to packing. Up next: Candles and other decorative items!