This delicious easy baked chicken recipe calls for soy sauce (or coconut aminos), ketchup (kind of grosses me out, too, but just roll with it), sesame oil (my fav), garlic and maple syrup. It’s a hodgepodge of ingredients that really shouldn’t work together but somehow come together to make one heck of a delicious chicken dish.
As the title of this post indicates, I was clearly at a loss for what exactly I should name this recipe since the ingredients are so random. I considered Maple Sesame Chicken but didn’t feel like the maple flavor was dominant enough to warrant a spot in the recipe title. I also toyed with Sesame Ketchup Chicken but that recipe name made me gag, so that was quickly out. Being a blogger is tough sometimes.
So now I’m leaving you with I Don’t Know What To Call This Other Than Delicious Baked Chicken.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from a slow cooker recipe I found when I was in a rush and quickly Googled “easy slow cooker chicken thighs” and went with the first option. Well, it was a slam dunk and we all loved it!
I toyed with the ingredients in the recipe a bit to create a simple marinade that works well with chicken breasts and chicken thighs. If you are a fan of recipes that you can make using only a big ol’ Ziploc bag, this is going to be one you’ll want to try! Less mess for the win!
Delicious Baked Chicken
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/3 cup organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Combine all ingredients in a freezer-size Ziploc bag. Place in the refrigerator and allow to marinate for at least four hours or overnight, flipping periodically.
- Preheat oven to 350. Remove chicken from the bag of marinade and place in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with approximately half of the marinade. Discard the rest.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Allow to rest for five minutes before serving.