If seared tuna pops up on the menu at a restaurant, there’s a good chance I’m going to order it (when I’m not pregnant!). I’m a seafood lover through and through but something about seared tuna feels special and fancy and I cannot get enough of it.
The day I discovered I could make seared tuna at home for a fraction of the price I found myself paying in restaurants was a good day indeed. A great day, really, because knowing it is possible to enjoy sushi-grade seared tuna without paying an arm and a leg for one of my favorite foods is always good news! (Important note: Right now I am actually cooking my tuna all the way through to be cautious because I am pregnant but if you’re not pregnant, simply sear this baby for the best flavor!) If you are a seared tuna lover as well, I have a recipe to share with you today that will quickly become a new favorite. I don’t know why making seared tuna at home initially intimidated me so much before but it truly could not be any easier!
One of the best ALDI products I’ve stumbled across over the years (and mentioned on the blog several times already) is their Specially Selected Ahi Tuna. It’s sushi-grade, wild-caught ahi tuna located in the freezer section and it’s $5 for 12 ounces. FIVE DOLLARS. What!? It’s so darn good and the quality blows me away every time. I keep buying it on repeat and shouting its praises because it’s such a shockingly affordable find for something that’s easily double the price at other grocery stores. (Note: ALDI prices may vary slightly by store.)
To make my go-to seared tuna recipe you only need these three simple ingredients:
- Specially Selected Ahi Tuna
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Olive Oil (or Sesame Oil)
- Soy Sauce
Oh and you only need five minutes to make it. Did I mention the fact that this recipe is incredibly easy?
First simply dredge the tuna in a combination of olive oil and soy sauce. Then coat it in the Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning from ALDI which, I can assure you, you’ll find yourself putting on everything, not just this tuna.
Then add a little oil to a skillet, sear the tuna on both sides and slice it up! Serve it with your favorite sides — I love the Simply Nature Organic 90-second Quinoa and Brown Rice and my ginger sesame broccolini — and enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home.
Everything Bagel Seared TunaPrint
This recipe for Everything Bagel Seared Tuna comes together in less than five minutes and requires only four simple ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon Simply Nature Organic Olive Oil + additional oil for searing
- 1 tablespoon Fusia Asia Inspirations Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Stonemill Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 package Specially Selected Ahi Tuna, thawed
- Whisk together olive oil and soy sauce
- Dip thawed tuna in soy sauce mixture to lightly coat entire tuna steak
- Dip tuna into Everything Bagel Seasoning, leaving the sides free of the seasoning (this is a personal preference, as I find the tuna a bit too salty when it’s completely coated)
- Lightly coat a sauté pan in olive oil and heat to a high heat
- Once pan is hot, sear tuna on both sides, approximately 1 minute per side
- Slice tuna into thin strips and enjoy
Keywords: seared tuna, Everything Bagel seared tuna, tuna recipes, fish recipes,