Within minutes the dumplings nearly tripled in size.
To make the soup, I combined the following:
- Four cans reduced sodium chicken broth
- Two pulled, cooked chicken breasts
- Three carrots, chopped
- Two celery stalks, chopped
- Approximately 2 c. chopped red potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
After letting the soup bubble and the flavors distribute for about 20 minutes, I prepared the dumplings, using directions I found on the side of a box of Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix.
While the soup was simmering on the stove top, I spent some time sorting through the numerous boxes of crafts, supplies and notes we have leftover from our wedding.
My goal is to get everything to fit into this box:
I have faith!
Better get to it!