In the words of Uncle Joey (Ranger Joe!), “Howdy ho, Junior Rangers!” I hope your morning is off to an energetic start.
My morning began on a positive note with a Pure Barre class. One of my favorite teachers took us through a killer workout and I left the class more than ready for a satisfying breakfast. My morning meal included a bowl of peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats (<— please make them if you haven’t) but I accidentally cleared all pictures from my SD card when I went to upload them this morning (gah!), so instead I shall share a photo of Friday’s mid-move pick-me-up treat:
I know this probably sounds ridiculous, but Tas-T-O’s may be the restaurant I will miss the most in Ocala. Their doughnuts are on another level of delicious. (Do you call a hole-in-the-wall place with a walk-up window a restaurant? Probably not?) Their apple fritters are, without a doubt, the best I’ve ever had and now I am salivating just thinking about them. Great.
I picked up half a dozen for me, Ryan and the two men who were helping us move on Friday and they were gone in a hot second. I managed to snag an apple fritter and felt a bit like Gollum as I ate it… My precious.
Since this blog post is apparently all about doughnuts now, here is USA Today’s list of the 10 tastiest doughnut shops in America:
- Blue Star Donuts, Portland, Ore.
- Glam Doll Donuts, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Donut Snob, Los Angeles, Calif.
- Donut Bar, San Diego, Calif.
- Federal Donuts, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Sugar Shack Donuts, Richmond, Va.
- Gourdough’s Speciality Doughnuts, Austin, Texas
- Doughnut Vault, Chicago, Ill.
- Brewnuts, Cleveland, Ohio
- World’s Fair Donuts, St. Louis, Mo.
Have you ever been to any of them? Do they deserve a spot on this list?
Keeping with the doughnut theme, here are a few healthier doughnut recipes for you to enjoy from the blogworld:
- Pumpkin Pecan Glazed Doughnuts <—Must make these this fall!!
- Vegan Chocolate Doughnuts
- Gingerbread Doughnuts <—Sounds perfect for Christmas morning!
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Doughnuts
- Whole Grain Strawberry Doughnuts <—Ryan loves strawberry doughnuts so I bookmarked these to make for him!
- Baked Coconut Doughnuts
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Cardamom Cake Doughnuts
I am in a bit of a hurry right now and want to make sure to sneak in a quick walk with Sadie before I have to head out for an appointment later this morning. I guess that means I should wash my hair today…
Questions of the Morning
- What kind of doughnuts are your favorite?
- What doughnut shop do you think deserves a spot on the top 10 tastiest doughnut shops list?
- Have you ever made a “healthified” doughnut recipe? What did you think?
- Charlotte friends: Where can I find the best doughnuts in the city?
I am not the biggest fan of cake doughnuts and almost always opt for yeast-raised doughnuts with lots o’ glaze. Apple fritters will forever hold the number one spot in my heart.