There are no less than one million overnight oats recipes on the internet these days. Okay, okay, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it sure seems like there’s an overnight oats recipe that will satisfy any flavor combination or craving. On this blog alone, I’ve shared a bunch, but here are my favorites:
And then there’s the basic how-to post for those who want to create their own batch of overnight oats: How to Make Overnight Oats.
But what about today’s recipe for peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats? Where does this one fall in the mix?
My peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats recipe is actually a throwback recipe I shared on the blog years ago. We’re talking 2013, my friends! When I went to make a batch of peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats for breakfast a couple of weeks ago, I thought of this post! I’ve been making the recipe for years and have it memorized but when I took a moment to look it up on the blog, I immediately realized the photos needed a little updating. Now that this recipe got a little makeover, I’m bringing it back to the forefront of the blog because it’s one you should add to your must-make list, especially if you’re in the market for a simple, prep-ahead style breakfast that will keep you feeling satisfied for hours.
So what do you need to make this overnight oats recipe? Not too much! Here’s a brief rundown of the ingredients:
- Old Fashioned Oats
- Peanut Butter
- Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- Chia Seeds
Making the overnight oats could not be any easier. You just stir everything together in a bowl, cover it up and refrigerate it overnight before adding a splash of almond milk and any desired toppings in the morning. This is the kind of breakfast I can get behind on busy weekday mornings with three kids in the mix!
I hope you love it, too!
Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Overnight OatsPrint
This recipe for peanut butter cookie dough overnight oats is packed with peanut butter flavor and tastes fantastic when topped with a scoop of peanut butter, a handful of fresh berries or a sprinkle of your favorite nuts.
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk + another splash in the morning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (do not omit or the oats will not thicken as well)
- Optional toppings: Honey roasted peanuts, fresh berries, shredded coconut, chocolate chips, etc.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl
- Allow the bowl to sit overnight in the refrigerator
- In the morning, add a splash of milk and stir everything together again
- Top with honey roasted peanuts, additional peanut butter, fresh berries, etc.
If you love the taste of natural peanut butter and don’t feel like you need any sweetener, you can easily omit the honey.
Keywords: BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST RECIPES, DAIRY-FREE, MOST POPULAR RECIPES, OATMEAL RECIPES, RECIPES