Good morning my favorite peanut butter lovers!
(And good morning to you peanut butter haters as well. I like you too… but think you’re a little crazy. )
I hope your day is off to a great start. Mine began as all Wednesdays seem to around here… at zee gym!
Ryan and I headed to the gym to knock out 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical before I headed into my usual BodyPump class. Today’s class was okay… I felt like the lunge track was easier than usual. I hate it when the BodyPump people incorporate squats into the lunge track. There is a squat track for that! Stick with the lunges. I hate ‘em, but they work… and if I’m there, I want to get the most out of my workout. Kick my boo-tay!
After the ‘Pump, I took Sadie on a 20-minute walk. The weather is surprisingly brisk in Central Florida this morning! I wore a hoodie and a fleece. What’s the deal!? I think the cooler temperatures are fleeting though because this weekend it’s supposed to be in the ‘80s.
Surprise, surprise! More overnight oats!
Have you noticed that I tend to fall deeply in love with certain meals and eat them over and over again until a new love-ah comes into town? First it was bagelwiches (actually, I kind of want one of those right now…) and now it’s overnight oats!
In today’s bowl:
- 1/2 c. old fashioned oatmeal
- 3/4 c. pumpkin
- 3/4 c. almond milk
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Stevia packet
- Pumpkin pie spice
Loved this combo!
I think Sadie did, too.
I don’t know why, but her expression in the above picture makes me laugh!
And now, before heading into work this morning, I want to share an email I received yesterday with you that I thought was really neat.
Handbook to Life
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don’t have negative thoughts over things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t overdo. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. Be grateful for what you have been given.
18. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
21. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away (like algebra class) but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
22. Smile and laugh more.
23. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
24. Call your family often.
25. Each day give something good to others.
27. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
28. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Do the right thing!
32. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
33. God heals everything.
34. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
36. The best is yet to come.
37. When you awake alive in the morning, thank God for it.
38. Your inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Question of the Morning
- Which one of the “lessons” above struck a cord with you?
My favorites were numbers 10, 11, 14, 20, 29 and 35. Well, let’s be honest. I kind of loved all of them.