Oh my word, you guys all need to become professional party planners.
Your ideas for a theme for the formal night of our cruise were fantastic. I am about to send an email to the cruise group with a summary of your ideas and I’ll be sure to keep you posted as to which theme comes out on top.
In case you’re in the market for some party theme ideas, here are some of my favorites taken straight from the comments section of this morning’s post:
- Prom (I envision Dumb and Dumber tuxedos for the guys and big sleeves or lots of sequins for the girls)
- Canadian tuxedos (A denim on denim extravaganza)
- Disney princes and princesses
- Royal wedding (Imagine the crazy hats!)
- Safari/Animal print (A perfect clashing of tackiness and class)
- Jersey Shore
- Pick a decade: ‘20s, ‘50s, ‘60s, etc.
- Ken and Barbie
- Famous couples
- Toddlers and Tiaras/Pageant wear
- America themed – a vision in red, white and blue (This idea cracks me up!)
- Kentucky Derby/Old South (Big hats, dresses and monocles)
- Color theme (Everyone is completely color coordinated)
- Neon formal
I feel like I need to be back in college planning sorority socials or something with all of these amazing ideas.
Camo, baby! The most overdone theme in the history of sorority socials.
After working through the morning, I met up with my friend Lindsey for an early afternoon hike with Sadie. It was a great “lunch break” in my day and Sadie got some much-needed exercise since I worked through her usual walk time this morning.
Lindsey and I had a great time talking about anything and everything and our hike went by so fast!
When Sadie and I returned from our hike, it was lunchtime. I made myself a plate of food to eat in front of the computer as I worked away.
My meal included a cheddar cheese and turkey bagelwich, served with string cheese, carrots and a cup of passion fruit Greek yogurt, a new flavor recently introduced by Chobani that the company sent me to try.
Oh my gosh, this Greek yogurt is easily one of the best flavors of Greek yogurt I’ve ever tried. I think it’s a combination of the fact that the yogurt is 2 percent (extra creamy), has a little bit of crunch from the passion fruit seeds and the perfect amount of sweetness. It may even replace my beloved strawberry banana!
And now it’s back to work!
Stay tuned this evening because I came across something awfully entertaining that I just have to share with you guys as I was digging through old stuff this morning for an upcoming post about Valentine’s Day ideas.
Here’s a little clue…