My mornings definitely aren’t laid back and relaxed, but they are productive and energizing.
A typical day for me begins at 5:30 a.m. After throwing on gym clothes, I am out the door within 10 minutes.
Luckily, I can walk to my gym and usually begin my workout by 5:45 a.m. Depending on the day, I will work out for an hour to an hour and a half, and am usually home by 7:15 a.m.
Then it’s time to walk the pup! Sadie gets a 20 – 40 minute walk, depending on the day (She gets longer walks on cardio-only days since I’m home earlier).
Once our walk is over, I come home and shower, get dressed and make breakfast. I make my lunch and prep my breakfast in the fridge the night before, so everything comes together quickly.
After breakfast and snapping lots o’ photos for the blog, I’m off to work!
Here’s a summary of my routine:
- 5:30 a.m. Wake up
- 5:45 a.m. Arrive at the gym and workout
- 7:15 a.m. Take Sadie on a walk
- 7:35 a.m. Shower
- 7:45 a.m. Get ready
- 8:05 a.m. Make breakfast and take blog photos
- 8:25 a.m. Blog
- 8:45 a.m. Leave for work
- 8:55 a.m. Arrive at work
On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will often sleep in for an hour and take Sadie on a run, eliminating the need for her morning walk. I get an extra hour of sleep and Sadie gets extra exercise, so everybody wins!
Also, if I’m really hungry after my workout, I may bump breakfast up and eat before my shower.
I definitely have a jam-packed morning, but I don’t feel rushed at all.
I’ve managed to streamline my morning routine by using the following tips:
- Prep breakfast the night before
- Pack lunch the night before
- Brainstorm morning blog post while working out
- Brainstorm what to wear while showering
- Don’t wash your hair everyday (unless it’s greasy)
- Keep items you use daily in the same spot to avoid wasting time looking for them (Such as your make up, face wash, lunch bag, water bottle, etc.)
- Embrace the “natural look” and keep your makeup routine short
This morning my breakfast was yet another ode to Starbucks.
My Frappuccino wannabe smoothie contained:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein power
- 1 packet Starbucks VIA Ready Brew instant coffee
- 1 large pinch xanthan gum
- Cold water
- 5 ice cubes
Thick smoothies rock my socks! 😀
Since my smoothie was poured into a Bubba Keg, which I find quite manly, I had to girly it up with a pink straw. 😉
I think my body is super-sensitive to caffeine because I feel AWAKE after downing this coffee concoction!
Questions of the Day
What time do you wake up in the morning? What is your morning routine like?