I have a few things that I bring with me nearly every trip I take no matter where I go and I thought a roundup post about my travel essentials might be fun!
Here are a few of my favorite travel essentials:
- Water bottle: I always bring a water bottle with me and make sure to drink a ton of water before a flight. I polish off an entire bottle before I make my way thorough security since you cannot bring liquids over four ounces through, but I make sure to refill it before boarding the plane.
- Inflatable neck pillow: I see tons of people travel with neck pillows and I absolutely love my Eagle Creek neck pillow because it’s not only comfortable, but inflatable. It folds up for compact travel and I love that I can inflate it to varying levels of puffiness for customized support. Plus, it only takes two breaths to inflate it completely, so it’s easy peasy!
- Eye mask: I am obsessed with my eye mask! I struggle to sleep on planes (cars are a completely different story!), but my eye mask blocks out all light and makes it a little easier to take an in-flight nap.
- Chapstick and lotion: My lips and hands seem to get so dry when I travel, so I try to keep chapstick and a travel-size lotion easily accessible. (I love EOS lip balm!)
- Book: Long flights offer hours of uninterrupted reading time and I always bring a book with me to keep me occupied.
- Snacks: Snacks are a necessity! My favorites include portable peanut butter packets, bars (Luna bars are a personal favorite), granola, nuts and dried fruit.
- Notepad and pen: For some reason I always think of ideas for blog posts or things to do when I am flying. I try to pack a pen a notepad with me so I can jot down things as they come to me so I won’t forget them later.
- Hand sanitizer: When it comes to travel, germs are everywhere, so I always pack a travel-size hand sanitizer with me to fight the good fight against germs.
- Sweatshirt: I get so cold on planes, so a comfy sweatshirt is a must for me!
- Lightweight scarf: Along with a sweatshirt, I almost always bring an extra-long lightweight scarf with me to keep warm on chilly flights. It can serve as a makeshift blanket if I am extra cold.
Question of the Afternoon
- What are some of your travel essentials?