A vegetable-packed meatloaf the whole family will love! This turkey vegetable meatloaf is grain free and full of flavor… and vegetables! It tastes great as leftovers as well, so it’s the perfect meal prep recipe to make on a Sunday and enjoy on a busy weeknight when life gets crazy.
Oh happy daaay! A vegetable-packed meatloaf every single person in our family loves! (Well, every single person who is eating solid food, anyway. Rhett, you’ll get to try this one soon enough, I promise.)
We are a meatloaf-loving family in our house. I adore meatloaf for a myriad of reasons. It’s often very easy to make. It tastes delicious as leftovers. (I almost feel like leftovers are better than “fresh” meatloaf, right!?) It’s a protein-packed dinner option that can easily be prepped ahead to enjoy on busy weeknights. I could go on and on but suffice to say, I adore meatloaf. And I especially adore THIS turkey vegetable meatloaf.
The base of this meatloaf is ground turkey but I’ve made it with ground beef and ground chicken as well and every single version turned out absolutely delicious. Turkey is my go-to but feel free to branch out and use whatever ground meat you prefer for this recipe!
While turkey may be the base of this recipe, vegetables are the star of the show… and there are a LOT of them in this meatloaf! And if you happen to be grain-free or gluten-free, this meatloaf checks those boxes, too!
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
If you happen to give it a try this recipe, I’d love it if you took a moment to leave a review! It helps other people find my recipes and trust them, too!
Turkey Vegetable MeatloafPrint
A vegetable-packed meatloaf the whole family will love! This turkey vegetable meatloaf is grain free and full of flavor… and vegetables!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, grated/shredded
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small onion, very finely diced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup + additional 1 tablespoon on top
- You may skip step #2 (sautéing the vegetables) if you do not mind a little crunch to your veggies in the meatloaf. I will often skip it in the interest of saving time but just make sure your carrots and zucchini are very finely grated to prevent chewy clumps of vegetables. The meatloaf is also a little more flavorful if you take the time to cook the vegetables before adding them to the turkey mixture.
- Feel free to swap in other favorite vegetables in place of the zucchini or carrots in this recipe! I’ve used mushrooms and yellow squash as well and thought both were great!
- You can also increase the amount of vegetables in this meatloaf if you want to use more! Just be aware that your meatloaf may crumble and won’t hold together as well if it’s too veggie-packed but if that doesn’t bother you, go to town with those veggies!
Recipe inspired by this fabulous recipe from Peanut Butter Runner.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 956mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 23g
- Cholesterol: 137mg
Keywords: turkey vegetable meatloaf, turkey meatloaf, vegetable turkey meatloaf, meatloaf recipe, meatloaf recipes, turkey vegetable meatloaf recipe