I wasn’t overheating because dinner was spicy. I was hot because I had the oven and stove going simultaneously and our house is 80 degrees since we have yet to use the air conditioner.
The added heat from the stove top and oven did a number on the temperature of our kitchen and I was quite toasty as I prepped dinner! I better buckle up, because it’s only going to get hotter in Florida from here on out.
Though I used the stove and the oven, dinner wasn’t particularly difficult came together quite easily in less than 20 minutes.
I made a bowl of whole wheat pasta with salmon, feta cheese, green beans and spinach. (You better believe I wilted the spinach using my fancy new trick!)
The meal tasted fresh, wholesome and was nice and filling thanks to fibrous vegetables, hearty whole grains and protein. Oh baby!
- 2 ounces whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped roasted green beans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 3 ounces cooked salmon
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rip fresh spinach and place at the bottom of a colander. Drain cooked pasta over spinach to wilt the leaves. Transfer pasta and spinach back into pot.
- Add green beans to pasta. Stir in olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
- Sprinkle pasta with feta cheese.
- Flake salmon with a fork and add to pasta. Stir to combine and evenly distribute all ingredients.
Rave reviews for this one!
After dinner, Ryan and I entertained Sadie and now we’re off to curl up on the couch and catch up on our latest favorite show, New Girl, that we DVRed last night.
Are any of you guys watching this show?
Ryan and I both laugh out loud every single time we watch it. So many quotable lines!